Perspective

slu72

10 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

MD is not THAT good.  Let it play out.  Yes, they were better then expected but none of these three teams overly impressed me.  MD loses Scott and they have big trouble.  Reese is okay and so is Hart.

Miami showed me very little.  Pack ain't worth $200k.  Wong was better.  Omier (sp?) Was an athlete.  But out of control.  Not much more but Miller was still good as Mason days.

Providence wasn't too good.  Crosswell outperformed all his La Salle games against us and Moore was no better.  Bynum ---- still meh.  Their shooters weren't much but it was an even game.  We pulled it out in a back and forth affair.  I'll take it.

Providence fans felt Cooley blew it.  We just showed more urgency.

Define good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Gee whiz Schasz, I used to appreciate you as a poster before you became a condescending pr1ck...........

Billiken Rich...not sure why you feel that way...is it because I am critical at times. If so, I thought that was part of being a fan of a team? I am critical of other teams I regularly follow at times and normally receive a lot of likes to my posts. Why? I suppose I'm normally recognized as knowledgeable fan who also has many good things to say when they are warranted. For the record, I've enjoyed reading your posts whether I was in complete agreement or not!

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Schaz, I graduated from Med school 1971. We are contemporaries.

Wow Old guy so you are/were a Dr? My lovely wife of 44 years was a critical care nurse almost her entire career. I've always felt that the people who received her care those years were extremely fortunate.

For the record I was on a Florida family vacation oh about 20 years ago.  My wife and I had dinner with schasz and his wife.

It was a very enjoyable night that was nothing but saint Louis University talk.   He might have mentioned his wife was a vol but I felt schasz was 100% a billiken.   

we all got family that is a rival alumni / fan.  I'll give em a break if I believe they root for the Billiken's first 

and guess what last night I was not making excuses for the Billiken's.   I even took my billiken hoodie off before I went to my grandson's basketball game.

but at 230 today I was back in billiken gear head to toe.  The point is I'll give schasz a break for chatting with vols fans and temporarily jumping off our bandwagon.  I'd rather he do it there than here.   God knows I've fallen off it here at Billiken's.com occasionally.  My God we all know it's tough to be a billiken Fan.  But most of us keep coming back, including schasz 

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

MD is not THAT good.  Let it play out.  Yes, they were better then expected but none of these three teams overly impressed me.  MD loses Scott and they have big trouble.  Reese is okay and so is Hart.

Miami showed me very little.  Pack ain't worth $200k.  Wong was better.  Omier (sp?) Was an athlete.  But out of control.  Not much more but Miller was still good as Mason days.

Providence wasn't too good.  Crosswell outperformed all his La Salle games against us and Moore was no better.  Bynum ---- still meh.  Their shooters weren't much but it was an even game.  We pulled it out in a back and forth affair.  I'll take it.

Providence fans felt Cooley blew it.  We just showed more urgency.

Ok, you were there. But from the couch in Charleston they looked GOOD against us and the U. Played tenacious D, hit 3s, had a decent inside game. It was their D and toughness that impressed me the most. They can beat anyone if they play D with that much intensity. One stat that stood out against the U was they had 15 TOS and still blew them away by 18. Very few teams can survive 15 TOS and win by double digits let alone win. The Turtles did. That’ to me is amazing. 

8 hours ago, Schasz said:

Still scratching my head how yesterday's game was supposed to be an even game...on what planet. We just do not match up with the MD athletes IMHO. 

Tough one yesterday for you! Tennessee putting out a team of overrated frauds? Who knew. 

scum of the earth program with a scum of the earth fanbase. Imagine knowing even a fraction of the facts and continuing to “root” for both teams. What a fraud. Doesn’t matter where you went to school 

BilliesBy40 likes this