slu72

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

I do when it's Tennessee to Colorado.

Hmm...thought this was Billiken.com not Vol Nation. I'm sure Vol fans would welcome your excellent basketball wisdom on their website. Jump on anytime at that website when you have something to add! The fans their are always appreciative of any constructive criticism!

DOC likes this

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Hmm...thought this was Billiken.com not Vol Nation. I'm sure Vol fans would welcome your excellent basketball wisdom on their website. Jump on anytime at that website when you have something to add! The fans their are always appreciative of any constructive criticism!

I’m glad you come here to trash the Bills, saves me from having to go to vol nation to read your posts trashing the Bills. I missed your posts after the big Memphis win or the Murray State blowout. 

11 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Back to perspective. MD is better than even the pundits expected. Evidence: they dominated this affair. As for us. Gutsy no give up win today. So, bottom line we under estimated MD,  but we can compete at the the top 20-35 level in D1. I’ll take that, 

Would love for Maryland to make a big run in the B10. Their Kenpom is already up to 22 (up from 23 after the Bills win). They have some tough games in early December so I guess we'll see whether they're the real deal or if they just got hot this weekend.

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

I’m glad you come here to trash the Bills, saves me from having to go to vol nation to read your posts trashing the Bills. I missed your posts after the big Memphis win or the Murray State blowout. 

Skippy...I'm not a Johnny come lately like you!! What year did you graduate from SLU. I went there and got my degree in 1971. Was a Bills fan years before that and a season ticket holder until I moved from St. Louis in 1996. So contrary to what you think Bud I got a lot of money tied up in the Billikens over many years. OK I also happen to be a UT Vols fan...since the love of my life my wife graduated from there. Thought I'd get the facts straight for you. Contrary to a Johnny come lately like you not one Vols fans takes criticisms I make on their board as thin skin as you do. It's America Bro...people can invest their rooting on multiple teams. Vols fans make me laugh lots because most of them take wins and losses in stride. For what it is worth when I lived in St. Louis besides having season tickets for years for the Bills we also made numerous road trips. Trust me I'm positive I've got way more skin in this being a  Billiken fan that you ever will have!

3 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Skippy...I'm not a Johnny come lately like you!! What year did you graduate from SLU. I went there and got my degree in 1971. Was a Bills fan years before that and a season ticket holder until I moved from St. Louis in 1996. So contrary to what you think Bud I got a lot of money tied up in the Billikens over many years. OK I also happen to be a UT Vols fan...since the love of my life my wife graduated from there. Thought I'd get the facts straight for you. Contrary to a Johnny come lately like you not one Vols fans takes criticisms I make on their board as thin skin as you do. It's America Bro...people can invest their rooting on multiple teams. Vols fans make me laugh lots because most of them take wins and losses in stride. For what it is worth when I lived in St. Louis besides having season tickets for years for the Bills we also made numerous road trips. Trust me I'm positive I've got way more skin in this being a  Billiken fan that you ever will have!

Schaz, I have defended you on here before.  That said, Vol fans are only slightly more stable than Auburn fans.  

5 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Lol. I get it, Im also a Sooner fan. I’ve just never been on the Sooner board trashing the Bills. But it’s all good. See you next loss

9 minutes ago, Schasz said:

No reason to knock the Schasz. He’s proven to be a Big  Bills fans forever. 

12 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Would love for Maryland to make a big run in the B10. Their Kenpom is already up to 22 (up from 23 after the Bills win). They have some tough games in early December so I guess we'll see whether they're the real deal or if they just got hot this weekend.

That’s the take away from this weekend. MD was so much better than anyone else but the pundits whiffed on them. Was, I bothered by the loss to them. Hell yes, but mostly because I under rated them. They will, or should, cause problems in the B10 and will be a tourney team. They destroyed two good teams this weekend. I will offer a mea culpa for starting this post. We are good. A lot better than I thought after yesterdays loss, but MD is really really good. 

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Schaz, I have defended you on here before.  That said, Vol fans are only slightly more stable than Auburn fans.  

Brian...thanks but I don't need any defending from anyone as I do know several people on a personal level here at Billiken.com and they all understand that I am a Bills fan for life. How many UT fans do you know? We know many UT fans and I can honestly say I don't know one that would fall in the unstable category, but they do root hard for the Vols. In fact they are very loyal but realistic people. Can't speak for any Auburn fans as they are a UT rival and we don't root for rivals

12 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Lol. I get it, Im also a Sooner fan. I’ve just never been on the Sooner board trashing the Bills. But it’s all good. See you next loss

Skippy, I believe you just earned a spot on my ignore list from here on out. One thing I won't tolerate are people who make things up!!!

slufanskip likes this

We are still in good shape for an at large.  We needed this win.  Yuri saved the day and he is trending towards top PG with these outbursts.

Still we were supposed to beat Maryland.  I can't be happy about that.  We were the veteran team who was supposed to run the table in this event and we s*** the bed in our first game.  I can't be happy that we had a chance to set ourselves up for a top 5 NCAA seed with a win vs staying in contention for a double digit seed.

CBFan likes this

6 minutes ago, thetorch said:

We are still in good shape for an at large.  We needed this win.  Yuri saved the day and he is trending towards top PG with these outbursts.

Still we were supposed to beat Maryland.  I can't be happy about that.  We were the veteran team who was supposed to run the table in this event and we s*** the bed in our first game.  I can't be happy that we had a chance to set ourselves up for a top 5 NCAA seed with a win vs staying in contention for a double digit seed.

North Carolina wasn't beating Maryland this weekend.

23 minutes ago, thetorch said:

As I said earlier, MD is really good. They proved it today. I bought into the idea that we got hammered by an inferior or equal team yesterday. They’re not. They’re better than any of us were led to believe. 

MD is not THAT good.  Let it play out.  Yes, they were better then expected but none of these three teams overly impressed me.  MD loses Scott and they have big trouble.  Reese is okay and so is Hart.

Miami showed me very little.  Pack ain't worth $200k.  Wong was better.  Omier (sp?) Was an athlete.  But out of control.  Not much more but Miller was still good as Mason days.

Providence wasn't too good.  Crosswell outperformed all his La Salle games against us and Moore was no better.  Bynum ---- still meh.  Their shooters weren't much but it was an even game.  We pulled it out in a back and forth affair.  I'll take it.

Providence fans felt Cooley blew it.  We just showed more urgency.