Humphrey’s Is Open!

thunderdan

12 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

E9B08966-5CCB-425C-9EFD-EEBE7C39CBF5.jpeg

Went last night around 9:15. It was packed to the gills and probably a fire hazard. I could only stay for about 45 minutes before I had to go outside. Worth it to be there for opening night, though.

1 minute ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Went last night around 9:15. It was packed to the gills and probably a fire hazard. I could only stay for about 45 minutes before I had to go outside. Worth it to be there for opening night, though.

Frick ya. Love that for a college bar. 

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

It has got to be a weird feeling being in that bar at capacity and not choking on a dense fog of smoke!

4 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

It has got to be a weird feeling being in that bar at capacity and not choking on a dense fog of smoke!

If there had been smoking, I would have been out a lot sooner than 45 minutes and 1 drink lol. My body can't tolerate it.

4 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

I think I first remember the No Smoking signs in Spring of 04 but I may be off a bit. 

I am an ardent non-cigarette smoker and will lose my sh!t around cigs inside, but for whatever reason if someone is torching a heater outside on a cool evening it smells delightful.

rgbilliken and TheChosenOne like this

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Everywhere except Nick’s Pub ha

New Year’s Day 2017 

Wow! I didn't realize it was that recently. Seems like ages ago. I was class of '01 but used to visit and meetup with friends at Humphrey's until 2004. 

Then we usually met up at Nick's or McGurks or Morgan St. I wonder if the smoking ban was the reason we stopped going. I almost always had my drinks on the Hump's back patio anyways. It was way too smoky inside in my undergrad days.

1 minute ago, TheBand said:

It’s been almost 6! Years.  Last nite open was New Year’s Eve 2016.

my son loved it last nite! 

0520BEA8-5041-43D0-B7F5-9D4FC82BFFC0.jpeg

They weren't doing any food/apps when I went. They must have stopped around 8 or 8:30.