GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the stats for the game, Maryland beat us in every single category scoring %, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, PFs ad TOs. They did not defeat us, they disemboweled us. It can be stated that our plan for this game did not work, and that we were totally outplayed. Yes, bad stuff happens, but  rarely in such a total and comprehensive manner. I just do not understand how Perkins did nothing in the first half and was reasonably good in the second half. Gibson, Pickett, Fergusson, and Hargrove were effectively neutralized. Parker scored almost as much as Collins, and a half of Collins points were FTs, his FG performance was well below his regular level.

We were totally outcoached by the Maryland coach, his plan worked pefectly, ours went down in flames.

Tomorrow we will go against Providence, the place will be packed with  their fans demanding a win after today's loss (Providence is very close to New Haven). Can we recover overnight and plan a decent way to defeat Providence, we will see soon enough.

Well the 'good news' about playing Providence is that we know three of their rotation players, Bynum from St. Joe, Croswell and Moore from LaSalle.  Hopefully the staff can review some old tape on them before tomorrow and come up with a game plan.  Wishful thinking on my part?

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Well the 'good news' about playing Providence is that we know three of their rotation players, Bynum from St. Joe, Croswell and Moore from LaSalle.  Hopefully the staff can review some old tape on them before tomorrow and come up with a game plan.  Wishful thinking on my part?

I think so. But I have no idea what we’ll get tomorrow.  A win or a loss by double digits wouldn’t surprise me either way

Relax guys, chill. Today was a disaster, tomorrow is tomorrow. It will be a totally new game to play, let's help the team get there as a renewed team, a team that is ready to go. Providence also lost today and it will also go to play tomorrow looking for redemption. We must believe we can do it as we go out into the court.

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

After our seemingly lack of a game plan today, I’d say our chances of creating a solid game plan in the next 22 hours are, slim.

Without knowing the spread or who we are playing, 8-15 beers have changed my perspective.

Tomorrow the Bills roll. Win by 15-20 regardless of opponent.