GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Heck of an ending to the TCU Baylor football game. Sunny Dykes has a sack on him.

As a Texas fan...Sonny Dykes season 1 at TCU has me conflicted.  Sark is likeable and maybe headed in the right direction but damn.

Back to SLU, message boards do meltdown after losses but so close to just getting ranked.  Getting some national love, but now that was embarrassing and it is hard to get over for us.  We don't get the benefit of the doubt.  It's effecting my quality of life.  Don't they know what a loss does to me?  I don't think they care.

BilliesBy40 likes this

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You can bully a MAC team or A10 or Sunbelt but you probably can't bully an A10 team. 

I just never see a coherent plan.  I saw some traces of 1 vs Memphis they executed some beautiful plays.  When I heard MD plays good team D and likes to press, I knew we were in for it today.  Even with the best PG in the land pressing us causes problems.  I think it's not bad coaching just mediocre coaching.

I thought we should be able to outscore MD due to their sub-par offense.  You want to get your offense on track, play the Billikens.  Warm up jumpers for 40 minutes 

It doesn't help we don't have a closer.   Someone to just take over.   We all hoped Perkins would 100% be recovered.   He is the one player I would have considered that monumental.  But it's obvious he isn't ready to be the takeover guy.   

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

It doesn't help we don't have a closer.   Someone to just take over.   We all hoped Perkins would 100% be recovered.   He is the one player I would have considered that monumental.  But it's obvious he isn't ready to be the takeover guy.   

He did flash some old Perk in that 2H

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

A closer wasn’t the issue today.  

Totally agree Brian.   Just a horrible effort.   But maybe you have that guy he stops the b s. In the first half and we got a different game.  

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

+

Agree. The committee may give you a real beat down but you have to comeback. And we can’t go to Auburn and suffer a humiliating defeat like today. Note to Travis; right the ship and  push the right buttons, we took a major hit today. 

WTF happened? 
I wasn’t able to watch. I had the DVR ready to go but accidentally saw the final score before I could watch it.

Now I’m not going to waste my time. 
So a team predicted to finish in the bottom of the big 10 absolutely beat the brakes off of the deepest team in Bills history? 

This board complains yearly (myself included) about 500 Big 10 teams getting into the tourney well this predicted 500 big 10 team just curb stomped us.

What a disappointment. I’m pissed about today and down about the rest of the season. 

Bizziken likes this

42 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Can't or won't?   Again my upsetness today is our effort.   Just terrible.   We won't even be a top 4 conf team if they don't ramp up the effort.   

We supposedly have all this depth.  Use it.   Nothing motivates an athlete more that having to avoid the bench.  

Honestly, there was a point in the first half (down like 7) when thatch and Hargrove were playing well and Ford yanked them for Pickett/Perkins and it all went downhill pretty fast.  We have depth but you also have to ride a hot hand more than I think Ford tends to do.

47 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Honestly, there was a point in the first half (down like 7) when thatch and Hargrove were playing well and Ford yanked them for Pickett/Perkins and it all went downhill pretty fast.  We have depth but you also have to ride a hot hand more than I think Ford tends to do.

Was that the Terrence Hargrove that played 23 min was 0-3 from 3, 0-0 from 2 and 1 board. 

20 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Yea it was, but at least he didnt jack 30 footers like Parker early in the shot clock. Not impressed by his jumper. I thought his shot was supposed to be good? Miles Reynolds 2.0. I hope I'm wrong though.

He shot 2 threes during a game in which we had no semblance of a functioning offense. Miles Reynolds couldn’t shoot a lick 

43 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Was that the Terrence Hargrove that played 23 min was 0-3 from 3, 0-0 from 2 and 1 board. 

I’m not saying TJ played great be any means, but he was on the court when we were the closest we were the entire game.  More of an “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” sorta thing.  That’s all I’m saying