GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

Time for my overreactions.

forrester is just, ok. Maybe just good enough for the A10 level bigs. But ya he’s not nearly as good linssen

parker needs reduced minutes. JUCOs take a while, and he’s far from ready. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

Texas dominated that one.  It wasn't on a neutral court.  It was the first really big basketball game at Texas' new arena and it was rocking.  Texas is #11 in the country.

You can lay an egg and then turn around and have a good season.  I'm just not optimistic we will.  Top 4 A10 and just outside the bubble for the tournament.   Hope I'm wrong. 

It’s gonna be 2019 all over again. Win at Barclay or back to the NIT. This beat down will be frowned upon especially if MD gets run over in the B10. 

Just now, slu72 said:

It’s gonna be 2019 all over again. Win at Barclay or back to the NIT. This beat down will be frowned upon especially if MD gets run over in the B10. 

I'm f***ing tired of the Conference Tournament being our only way into the Dance. I'll beat this drum into the ground forever. It's just not fun.

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Off the top of my head, Gonzaga lost by 20 this week

Fair enough were down almost 30 gave up 95 and were not in the game for 30 of the 40 minutes.

I do not think that Majerus’s last season or the 2 following seasons under that coach did a Billikens team lose this bad.

Losing for me is not the issue not being in the game is.

I will sing a different tune tomorrow if we win tomorrow and they better get it done.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Time for my overreactions.

forrester is just, ok. Maybe just good enough for the A10 level bigs. But ya he’s not nearly as good linssen

parker needs reduced minutes. JUCOs take a while, and he’s far from ready. 

Our bigs are always our Achilles heel against p5 schools. This was flat out embarrassing.

laker119 likes this

9 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Texas dominated that one.  It wasn't on a neutral court.  It was the first really big basketball game at Texas' new arena and it was rocking.  Texas is #11 in the country.

You can lay an egg and then turn around and have a good season.  I'm just not optimistic we will.  Top 4 A10 and just outside the bubble for the tournament.   Hope I'm wrong. 

I think we will still have a good season and make the tournament.  I just don’t think we will have a chance to get into the top 25 during before the tournament.  I remember how hard it was to get ranked for Billikens in the really good 3 year run we had.  Hell Majerus’s last team managed to get ranked for a week in November and could never get back into the rankings after a bad loss to Loyola Marymount.  Programs like SLU have to do something incredible to get in the rankings or have continued success over multiple seasons.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think we will still have a good season and make the tournament.  I just don’t think we will have a chance to get into the top 25 during before the tournament.  I remember how hard it was to get ranked for Billikens in the really good 3 year run we had.  Hell Majerus’s last team managed to get ranked for a week in November and could never get back into the rankings after a bad loss to Loyola Marymount.  Programs like SLU have to do something incredible to get in the rankings or have continued success over multiple seasons.

Tomorrow is incredibly important now. We’ll have to work our way into the picture if we lose tomorrow and auburn 

1 minute ago, Fraz said:

We don’t play bully ball anymore it’s pretty clear

You can bully a MAC team or A10 or Sunbelt but you probably can't bully an A10 team. 

I just never see a coherent plan.  I saw some traces of 1 vs Memphis they executed some beautiful plays.  When I heard MD plays good team D and likes to press, I knew we were in for it today.  Even with the best PG in the land pressing us causes problems.  I think it's not bad coaching just mediocre coaching.

6 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I think a concern that is valid and isn’t an overreaction is that we REALLY can’t guard

Can't or won't?   Again my upsetness today is our effort.   Just terrible.   We won't even be a top 4 conf team if they don't ramp up the effort.   

We supposedly have all this depth.  Use it.   Nothing motivates an athlete more that having to avoid the bench.  

I don’t know if I can ever remember a Bills team that just rolled over and took it as much as today. And Travis really picked a hell of a spot to get his Tech. How about earlier when it might actually make a difference?  Oh well,  everything today was bad. Coaches, players, refs. All awful.  Terrible terrible effort. Don’t want to see that again ever. 

18 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Fair enough were down almost 30 gave up 95 and were not in the game for 30 of the 40 minutes.

I do not think that Majerus’s last season or the 2 following seasons under that coach did a Billikens team lose this bad.

Losing for me is not the issue not being in the game is.

I will sing a different tune tomorrow if we win tomorrow and they better get it done.

No Ford teach could hang with the good Majerus years.  Almost an unfair comparison.

38 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Off the top of my head, Gonzaga lost by 20 this week

2nd ranked and perennial dancer Gonzaga lost to 11th ranked Texas in Texas by 19. 

It’s not that we lost. We weren’t going to run the table this year obviously. We just lost by 30 on a neutral court to a Big Ten team projected to finish towards the bottom of their league. I’d just hate to find ourselves, once again, on the bubble come selection Sunday and this is the game that flashes before the eyes of the committee. 

Kidding of course. It will be our annual 2 bad A10 losses that seal our fate. 

Gotta take care of business tomorrow.