GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Huh? All week we said let’s win 2/3 this week and that would be great. Now one awful half, which every team in the nation will have, and it’s “so much for being ranked this season”? Ok. 

We are an A10 team that has been to one NCAA tournament in the last decade and are getting our as$es handed to us in a game that a bunch of voters were watching.  We aren’t getting the benefit of the doubt from the people that vote in these polls for the rest of this season.  Watching a loss like this leaves a bad taste in voters’ mouths.

Schasz likes this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We are an A10 team that has been to one NCAA tournament in the last decade and are getting our as$es handed to us in a game that a bunch of voters were watching.  We aren’t getting the benefit of the doubt from the people that vote in these polls for the rest of this season.  Watching a loss like this leaves a bad taste in voters’ mouths.

Awesome, thank you for the conjecture sounds solid. Not sure why would should show up tomorrow if that’s the case 

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

I would say this is reality in the A10. If you want the easiest path to the NCAA, win the A10 conference tournament. Every thing else is a harder, more uncertain path.

I tip m’hat m’lord. I think this is what it may come down to. We won’t be getting many votes this week…..if any. 

Just now, Davis said:

Gonzaga is a perennial fixture in the NCAA Tournament. Not a fair comparison.

The original post said good teams don't have blowouts, I'd say The Zags are a good team.

1 minute ago, majerus mojo said:

Off the top of my head, Gonzaga lost by 20 this week

Texas dominated that one.  It wasn't on a neutral court.  It was the first really big basketball game at Texas' new arena and it was rocking.  Texas is #11 in the country.

You can lay an egg and then turn around and have a good season.  I'm just not optimistic we will.  Top 4 A10 and just outside the bubble for the tournament.   Hope I'm wrong.