GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Davis said:

I'm not saying we should fire him, but they better have a list in place. If this team doesn't win the A10, then the May needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with him.

If we could just have CTF do the recruiting and Soderberg coach we might be good.

I was thinking maybe we hop in the Deloreon and get Lorenzo Romar again but he's not exactly tearing it up at Pepperdine but he did win the CBI a couple years ago.

JMM28 and Davis like this

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

If we could just have CTF do the recruiting and Soderberg coach we might be good.

I was thinking maybe we hop in the Deloreon and get Lorenzo Romar again but he's not exactly tearing it up at Pepperdine but he did win the CBI a couple years ago.

I’d prefer Rick as a Zombie. 

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Eh, I don't know. It's about the benefit of the doubt. If you're not a preseason top 25, you have to prove all year long you're better than expectations. If you're already a ranked team, you get more margin for error. It's not impossible but it's going to take a very long time and SLU will have to win a lot.

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Unless you think we pull a 15 game win streak after this, it isn’t happening.  This game is being watch by a lot voters because it involves two teams going into today where on the verge.  This is how those voters will remember us.

Huh? All week we said let’s win 2/3 this week and that would be great. Now one awful half, which every team in the nation will have, and it’s “so much for being ranked this season”? Ok. 

Billiken Rich likes this

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

We want to believe we are elite.  Tourney worthy.  Well tourney worthy teams don't give efforts like that.  This is not an overreaction.  This is deserved for what we just watched.  

Have been tourney worthy just only one time to the Big Dance with CTF. They have been fairly regular in the NIT!

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I love Romar but he benefitted from having Justin Love when he got there. He recruited Perry and and brought Mo Jeffers in as a transfer, but his next biggest get was like Drew Diener.

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

Have been tourney worthy just only one time to the Big Dance with CTF. They have been fairly regular in the NIT!

But they changed the women's coach to "compete every year in the Tournament." Our AD is delusional sometimes.

1 minute ago, Davis said:

Silver lining is that with a healthy Perkins, they're good enough to win in Brooklyn.

I'm tired of our only option being to "win in Brooklyn." The Conference Tournament shouldn't be the stakes every year.

billiken_roy and David King like this

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Huh? All week we said let’s win 2/3 this week and that would be great. Now one bad awful, which every team in the nation will have, and it’s “so much for being ranked this season”? Ok. 

Every average to bad teams will have blowouts not good teams.