GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Totally outclassed by a bad team.  Maryland is not this good.  They have made threes (which they supposedly could not do) and beat us to every hustle play out there.  No excuse for this.  No way pPerkins is 70%.  Look at the future —— every team will follow Memphis and Maryland and force the ball out of Yuri’s hands and Ford seems content with that.  

Yuri shot 0-8 I think the ball was in his hands plenty.  Just a bad overall game from all.  Hopefully they show some resolve and play hard the next half.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

I don't mind losing to a superior team, but Maryland isn't better than us.   This is a combination of not being ready to play coupled with an embarrassing effort.   When a college level player(s) have effort issues,that's not good.

Wtf ford.   Do your job.  Players, have some pride.   This is so embarrassing.   

Yet there are regular posters on here who think he's a good HC. IMHO SLU never gets anywhere near what they pay CTF.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Willard game planned well, it doesn’t look like we have even tried to adjust.

Come on Brian.   There is nothing to adjust to except playing hard.   As to the threes we aren't guarding anyone so the three attempts are both more than a longer free throw.

I say give the starters about 3 minutes.   If thing don't change bench all of them.   Let's play the kids.

Just now, laker119 said:

Yeah pretty clear the game plan was to let them shoot the 3, but I hope the game plan was to at least contest them to some degree.  These dudes are shooting warmup jumpers

I understand letting them shoot away to start the game because they have been awful even on open threes until now, but as soon as they hit a two or three in row you have to step out defensively. You can’t let them to start feeling it.

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I don't mind losing to a superior team, but Maryland isn't better than us.   This is a combination of not being ready to play coupled with an embarrassing effort.   When a college level player(s) have effort issues,that's not good.

Wtf ford.   Do your job.  Players, have some pride.   This is so embarrassing.   

5 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Totally outclassed by a bad team.  Maryland is not this good.  They have made threes (which they supposedly could not do) and beat us to every hustle play out there.  No excuse for this.  No way pPerkins is 70%.  Look at the future —— every team will follow Memphis and Maryland and force the ball out of Yuri’s hands and Ford seems content with that.  

I have no idea how you can say we are better than Maryland after that half. What? 

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

Yet there are regular posters on here who think he's a good HC. IMHO SLU never gets anywhere near what they pay CTF.

Here comes the Tennessee poster, yikes 

5 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

47% from three. How does that happen

We don't defend it.  Ford doesn't think it needs to be a point of emphasis vs protecting the lane.  He looks at teams shooting % and assumes they'll miss enough.  But even the worst teams in DI will make most of their 3s when they get to take wide-open un-rushed shots.

As bad as our offense has been it isn't even worth discussing.  The defense today is as pathetic as we've ever seen under Ford, which is saying a lot. You aren't beating Dayton, VCU, Davidson, or any team you'll face in March with that poor an effort.

Perkins clearly isn't right.

Okoro clearly doesn't want to be out there, not that we have a choice but to play him. 

And we're back to where we were in the worst moments last year where a well-coached defense shows that if you can limit Jimerson and frustrate Yuri we will fall apart.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Come on Brian.   There is nothing to adjust to except playing hard.   As to the threes we aren't guarding anyone so the three attempts are both more than a longer free throw.

I say give the starters about 3 minutes.   If thing don't change bench all of them.   Let's play the kids.

They could adjust to guard the 3

Just now, Schasz said:

I think most think he is a good recruiter and has the team each year in position to win the A10.

When I say no excuses each game is about the coach no excuses why he cannot get this team to the tournament and win these games.

This team has 2 elite players and a good supporting cast play like it.

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

You guys are way overreacting to what will probably be our worst half of the season by a long shot. If this becomes a pattern ill be worried 

We want to believe we are elite.  Tourney worthy.  Well tourney worthy teams don't give efforts like that.  This is not an overreaction.  This is deserved for what we just watched.  

CBFan likes this