GDT: Beat Maryland

wgstl

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

This reminds me of Davidson or UNI from last season. Sucker punched early and they just quit.

Missing shots is one thing. The pathetic effort is another.

I can’t help but think that once Goodwin and French left so did the toughness 

51 points coach Ford nice defensive coaching and great sportsmanship, Okoro got fouled but your team has already lost the day.

Play the freshmen sit the starters and make a statement and move on.

Schasz likes this

I don't mind losing to a superior team, but Maryland isn't better than us.   This is a combination of not being ready to play coupled with an embarrassing effort.   When a college level player(s) have effort issues,that's not good.

Wtf ford.   Do your job.  Players, have some pride.   This is so embarrassing.   

CBFan, papalorenzini and Tonka like this

Totally outclassed by a bad team.  Maryland is not this good.  They have made threes (which they supposedly could not do) and beat us to every hustle play out there.  No excuse for this.  No way pPerkins is 70%.  Look at the future —— every team will follow Memphis and Maryland and force the ball out of Yuri’s hands and Ford seems content with that.  

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

The other PG was taunting the bench after the three. I’m sure that’s what Ford was pissed about.

Embarrassing from ford tho tbh. Clownish behavior

I've never liked Travis' personality, he's had some great teams and recruiting, but personally he's a bit of a douch*canoe

Just now, NYBilliken said:

What did Ford do? Listening on the radio, so I did not see

He wanted a foul call on our last possession. Didn't get it and he blew up at the refs. Got a T, so Maryland will be shooting to start the second half.

Just now, brianstl said:

Willard game planned well, it doesn’t look like we have even tried to adjust.

Yeah pretty clear the game plan was to let them shoot the 3, but I hope the game plan was to at least contest them to some degree.  These dudes are shooting warmup jumpers