The Bills and Md EVEN

The Wiz

1 hour ago, Matty Light said:

Honestly, the best tactic for closing out games with a lead is having a guard that can draw a foul of the dribble with a stutter step or a stop and go, and then sink the FTs. I think Yuri can be that guy this year. With the defensive pressure up, opposing guards play too close to their man providing the opportunity to draw in the defender for a bump. 

Kwamain was great at this. And would nail the FTs. Goodwin and Jett were good at getting the bump but unsteady on the FTs aspect. I think Yuri is ready to play this role. Memphis saw it and I hope it is the beginning of a trend to come.

No one was better at this then Kevin Lisch . 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks, I was digging around to see if I could get to see the SLU vs MD game tomorrow without having to pay for extra service. I do not subscribe to ESPN or to ESPN+. I did find the game listed for viewing in ESPN2, which I have, at the Big 10, MD basketball schedule site. I have no idea if this will work or not but Big 10 has it listed in their site. Good luck.

If anyone else finds a different lead to a view stream please post it.

21 minutes ago, Old guy said:

OK folks, I was digging around to see if I could get to see the SLU vs MD game tomorrow without having to pay for extra service. I do not subscribe to ESPN or to ESPN+. I did find the game listed for viewing in ESPN2, which I have, at the Big 10, MD basketball schedule site. I have no idea if this will work or not but Big 10 has it listed in their site. Good luck.

If anyone else finds a different lead to a view stream please post it.

It's a Saturday. ESPN2 will be airing college football all day. ESPN News will be the only channel airing the basketball game.

13 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

It's a Saturday. ESPN2 will be airing college football all day. ESPN News will be the only channel airing the basketball game.

Matty, all I am saying is that the Big 10 Maryland basketball site has it listed. I will be happily surprised if it works but I will try it.

33 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Matty, all I am saying is that the Big 10 Maryland basketball site has it listed. I will be happily surprised if it works but I will try it.

Maryland’s website says ESPNEWS

2022 Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off

The Wrap

That was painfully.  Every team has at least 2 outlier games. One game is terrible and way below normal The other is fabulous and way above average. What happens when 2 evenly matched teams play and they both have outlier games ...the bad (SLU) and the good (Md). The answer is you have a blowout.  Md had their best half of the year from the arc ...47%.  They reverted in the second half (31%) but by then it was too late. That 1 half spurt was good for an extra 9 pts. On the Bills side it was dismal...First half slash was 25/27/80 (FT shooting was the only bright spot) But even the slash doesn't show how bad it was ...The Bills shot 24% from 2 land vs 27% from beyond the 3 line.   We shot worse from closer in...not an easy thing to do when you are having a bad day from the arc. The Bills were missing 8 shots from their average output...2 threes and 6 twos......18 pts.  So 18pts missing from the Bills  + the 9 extra pts for  Md is 27 pts and that is just the 1st half...throw in 2 extra 3s  the Bills should have made in the 2nd half and it's ball game

You get the idea. I could go over the stats in great detail but let me summarize quickly...we lost every  good category on the stat sheet except FT shooting. 

Bottom line ....Tomorrow is game 3 of the important 4.  If we win tomorrow we will still be in pretty good shape.  Hopefully the humiliation of  this game will fire us  up and get us to play with a sense of urgency against Prov.