HoosierPal

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

theyre glorious 

I think there is too much going on in the jersey.  Seven patches, double shoulde bars, yellow tubing down the side, what they are calling an arch pattern on the one side, the blue and yellow on the collar and the sleeves end.  I know it is supposed to draw from the city flag, but it just doesn't come together well in my opinion.

I suppose I don’t overly care, but not a fan of the jerseys nor was I fan of the crest or colors when they presented those with the team name. With the jersey it seems like too much going on and I can’t get behind the pink and don’t think the multiple colors really play very well together. The stadium looks great and I care far more about that than the colors, crest, or the jerseys, so I’m not a hater just would have gone a different direction. And Taylor Twellman is insufferable, so having him wearing the jersey certainly doesn’t help my opinion.

brianstl likes this

They try so hard to have that what did they call it iconic steel plates of the gateway arch....huh?

Lame

Ugly jersey

NBD they'll unveal 5 others soon maybe 1 will be good and be inspired by t-ravs

Went to the game at the new stadium last night… awesome venue.  Only complaint is that the concourses are a little small, especially under the “Ultra Club”, resulting in some pretty gnarly foot traffic. Took us literally 25 minutes to get from where we entered to the other side of the stadium to where our seats were.  I’m sure that’ll improve as people learn where they’re going/ they reconfigure placement of beer stands, etc. 

Great sight lines, every seat feels like it’s right on top of the pitch.   Good food options, although it’s definitely much quicker/easier to order food through the app. If you wait in the lines it will take a while.   And holy Merchandise… they must’ve recouped their expansion fee in merch sales alone last night. 

Bring on 2023. 

HoosierPal and brianstl like this

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The concourses are pretty tight at FC Cincinnati's new stadium, as well. I'm not sure there's any avoiding it in the 20,000-25,000 size range.

Yeah, but at some places in the concourse it was packed in to the point where your arms were pinned to your side and you couldn’t take a step in any direction. At that point it’s a safety issue. If there would be an emergency that caused a bunch of people to start running, people would’ve been crushed. 

Again, this was only under the Ultra Club where it was really that big of an issue. They had food and beer vendors lining either side of the concourse the whole way down in that section, which really bottle-necked the foot traffic.  I’m sure stadium organizers heard from plenty of people about it and they’ll do some rearranging to help the situation. 

My seats are in 111, so we will just enter the stadium on the other side in the future, and avoid that section of the concourse entirely. 

41 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Yeah, but at some places in the concourse it was packed in to the point where your arms were pinned to your side and you couldn’t take a step in any direction. At that point it’s a safety issue. If there would be an emergency that caused a bunch of people to start running, people would’ve been crushed. 

And that's exactly how it was at Cincinnati for US-Mexico

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Ya super tight, felt like busch stadium home plate gate.  My brat was like, $16 IIRC, so that was not cool. Stadium feels way bigger than 22k

Ridiculous, but I am not surprised given the demographics they appear to want to draw and the way the have been trying to market the concessions.   

• 2 months later...

I didn't didn't want to start a new thread, so I will put this here.

I am not a huge MLS fan myself, but I have been getting excited about the the debut of City SC.  I kind of hoped it was something maybe me and my son could get in on the ground floor together as fans of the club.  I decided to take a look at the broadcast schedule for City SC today.  It looks like we will be able to watch a grand total of two games this season through traditional TV/cable.  Sort of disappointed but figured I could spend 7 bucks a month during the season to get Apple TV and we could watch the rest of the games.  I was wrong.  That would only get us two more games to watch.  If I want more games to watch I need to pay an additional $15 a month.  

I am not paying $22 a month to watch what is going to be a bottom of the table club in what isn't even in the top 10 leagues in the world.  I understand the league needs money to justify the super inflated franchise fees they have been charging, but this is self defeating.  The league needs to grow their fan base in this country to ever justify what they have charged for a franchise and this isn't going to do it.  Also, there won't be home team broadcast crews for streaming.  Zero games for potential fans to watch with local announcers to sell the product and make you care about the club.

I will stick to caring about Fulham in the EPL for now.  It is cheaper to invest in them.