wgstl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• wgstl changed the title to Welcome, Bruce Zhang
5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Congrats big fella!  Nice game the other day.  Stuffed the stat sheet with those 18 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists.

FWIW

Logan - just got an offer from A Peay. Can't find much otherwise

Platauna - can't find much, other than people on twitter call him a "D1 talent"

Che - Commited to South Florida

Smith - Got a Memphis offer in June

Updated bio:

Bruce Zhang - C, 7-1, 255 - Shenzhen, China (The Skill Factory) - Twitter: @zhngchn54175559
Offers: Saint Louis, Bradley, Coastal Carolina.

Interest: Indiana State, IUPUI, Southern Indiana, Chattanooga, Samford, Drexel, Elon, Louisiana-Monroe, Denver, UC-Irvine, North Florida, Jacksonville, Liberty.

Latest News: Zhang committed to SLU. (11/15/22)

Scouting Report: Zhang is a big, mobile center who can stretch the floor with his ability to handle the ball, pass, and operate in the mid-range. He's strong and finishes at the rim with either hand. He gains separation with a spin move he can do in either direction. He's from China and played at Tsinghua University in Beijing, and came to the U.S. for a prep year at The Skill Factory. He's a teammate of fellow SLU offers Lathan Sommerville and Jeremiah Wilkinson.

That makes 3 bigs with little experience going into next season. I have to believe Ford will sign at least one transfer big. It could be that coach is looking to go with a more traditional center and power forward next season. If we signed a transfer center and power forward. The 3 young players play to their abilities and we would be set up front. We should be attractive to big transfers, with hopefully a strong season this year and playing time available. It could all depend on who is available and interested. Hopefully Bruce will be able to get on campus early. So often international students get delayed.

43 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Updated bio:

Bruce Zhang - C, 7-1, 255 - Shenzhen, China (The Skill Factory) - Twitter: @zhngchn54175559
Offers: Saint Louis, Bradley, Coastal Carolina.

Interest: Indiana State, IUPUI, Southern Indiana, Chattanooga, Samford, Drexel, Elon, Louisiana-Monroe, Denver, UC-Irvine, North Florida, Jacksonville, Liberty.

Latest News: Zhang committed to SLU. (11/15/22)

Scouting Report: Zhang is a big, mobile center who can stretch the floor with his ability to handle the ball, pass, and operate in the mid-range. He's strong and finishes at the rim with either hand. He gains separation with a spin move he can do in either direction. He's from China and played at Tsinghua University in Beijing, and came to the U.S. for a prep year at The Skill Factory. He's a teammate of fellow SLU offers Lathan Sommerville and Jeremiah Wilkinson.

Doesn’t seem to be highly recruited. Anyone know his story? Did he somehow sneak past big schools? Did we get in early?

6 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I looked at The Skill Factory website hoping to find a schedule but I don't see Bruce listed on any of the three teams and the roster for the fourth team is from 2019-20

-but welcome and enjoy Being a Billiken!

The website is outdated. TSF has a top team that they expect to compete for The Circuit national title. There's a secondary team - National - and that's the one Bruce is on. Jimerson played for the same version of this at Montverde. These squads tend to have more international players or kids who have already graduated HS taking a fifth year to get more D-I attention.

Just now, Adman said:

Doesn’t seem to be highly recruited. Anyone know his story? Did he somehow sneak past big schools? Did we get in early?

This. He hadn't played an official game in the U.S. until last week. I expect he'll sign today and SLU will feel good about locking him up before he became a bigger name in spring.

Adman and Zink like this

10 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

That makes 3 bigs with little experience going into next season. I have to believe Ford will sign at least one transfer big. It could be that coach is looking to go with a more traditional center and power forward next season. If we signed a transfer center and power forward. The 3 young players play to their abilities and we would be set up front. We should be attractive to big transfers, with hopefully a strong season this year and playing time available. It could all depend on who is available and interested. Hopefully Bruce will be able to get on campus early. So often international students get delayed.

I would also expect an experienced transfer big. Possibly more of a 4, given the size of the three younger bigs.