GDT - Maul Memphis

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-one more thing on this game from me, while I saw a few I thought there would be more Memphis fans, if it has anything to do with continuing the series I wish there had been more

The Tuesday night scheduling was always going to make visitor attendance tough. That was a missed opportunity.

Just now, Compton said:

The Tuesday night scheduling was always going to make visitor attendance tough. That was a missed opportunity.

if you remember, memphis did the same to us last year.   i was sure it was going to be a weekend game and we would have went down for the game.  nope right in the middle of the week.   so dont be surprised if it was intentional on the return.  

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

if you remember, memphis did the same to us last year.   i was sure it was going to be a weekend game and we would have went down for the game.  nope right in the middle of the week.   so dont be surprised if it was intentional on the return.  

So both teams shot themselves in the foot. Nice! Really glad we evened the score on the scheduling front.

7 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

My opinion is that we shouldn't be helping the other team's fans attend our games just so that we can get an extra 300 or 400 people in the building.  They're opposing fans.  Screw em.

I just want these late tips on the weekends 😩 getting up at 5:30 for work the next day is NOT fun.

1 hour ago, Compton said:

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I don't know anymore than you do, but I'd bet TV set the time for sure and perhaps the date.   They had three games scheduled Tuesday, right, and we were the middle game.

-CFord talked about the dates for Memphis at one point, likely on Frank's show, and he said they set the dates when the contract was signed and Tuesday's were the only days that worked so it was no scheduling conspiracy or slight it was to make the series work - now hopefully they can extend the series