GDT - Maul Memphis

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wgstl said:

I guess if that’s the intention I’m game 

I told my co worker who watches exclusively watches college football what the band did and he immediately thought it was a funny little prank, lol.

I don't like it when they play Rocky Top as they have in the past against Memphis. We're not Tennessee we're SLU a school with our own songs and history that includes a lot of games vs Memphis.

29 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Parker was a spark, love the aggressiveness!  Anyone see some Demarius Jacobs in his game?

Bears a resemblance.

DJ played 38 minutes, with 12 points/10 rebounds in a season-opening loss for Ball State on the road at Indiana State. Teammate Mickey "Playin' for Grandma" Pearson -- 26 minutes, 3 points/2 rebounds.

14 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I told my co worker who watches exclusively watches college football what the band did and he immediately thought it was a funny little prank, lol.

Well yeah, that’s obvious. Let’s play the song for Memphis’s big brother school. 

Like I said… It was a terrible idea if you knew what happened in the off-season. Any SLU fan with half a brain wants Tennessee to lose every game they play now.

hate tiers

1. Dayton, Mizzou, Tennessee

2. Bonnies, VCU

3. SIU, Davidson, Mason, Memphis

slufan13 and NoCoBillsFan like this

18 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Well yeah, that’s obvious. Let’s play the song for Memphis’s big brother school. 

Like I said… It was a terrible idea if you knew what happened in the off-season. Any SLU fan with half a brain wants Tennessee to lose every game they play now.

hate tiers

1. Dayton, Mizzou, Tennessee

2. Bonnies, VCU

3. SIU, Davidson, Mason, Memphis

i like your tier idea.   however i say Mi$$ouri is number 1 all by themselves.   then move everyone down tier creating 4 tiers.  and i would add Illinois to the second tier.   both Illinois and Mi$$ouri fans are horrible people that want to patronize and belittle Billiken fans forever.  the truth is we passed Mi$$ouri by in the rickma era and besides crewsplatt the last couple of seasons if that era, they havent been even with us since.  

BIG BILL FAN likes this

14 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The band used to do it all the time when we were in the same conference as Memphis.

9 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

The band used to do it all the time when we were in the same conference as Memphis.

I was in elementary school for the majority of the CUSA days 😅 I went to games with my dad but only paid attention to whether we won or lost. My only band memory is I thought they were cool, lol.

29 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i like your tier idea.   however i say Mi$$ouri is number 1 all by themselves.   then move everyone down tier creating 4 tiers.  and i would add Illinois to the second tier.   both Illinois and Mi$$ouri fans are horrible people that want to patronize and belittle Billiken fans forever.  the truth is we passed Mi$$ouri by in the rickma era and besides crewsplatt the last couple of seasons if that era, they havent been even with us since.  

I see no reason to develop a formal hate tier directed towards anything. We know Majerus puts us ahead of Mizzou, then Crews got us back and now Ford is going forward again. It is OK to agree to disagree, but people will believe what they want to believe at all times, this can't be changed.

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I see no reason to develop a formal hate tier directed towards anything. We know Majerus puts us ahead of Mizzou, then Crews got us back and now Ford is going forward again. It is OK to agree to disagree, but people will believe what they want to believe at all times, this can't be changed.

whether billikens.com has a hate Mi$$ouri tier or not isnt a concern of mine.   i have a billiken_roy hate tier for Mi$$ouri though.   and they indeed are exclusively in the top tier.

dennis_w and laker119 like this

47 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Pretty sure they do it anytime we play a school from the entire state of Tennessee.  It's a classic......even when I have to explain it to my lovely wife and kids....

dlarry likes this

16 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I’m on the opposite end. What a shiiiitttyyy idea after the events of the offseason

-Yuri plays for us, we beat Tenn to keep him as a Billiken, I took playing the song as mocking Memphis with Tenn as the premier school in the state and mocking Tenn as #1 leads our team onto the floor

36 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

whether billikens.com has a hate Mi$$ouri tier or not isnt a concern of mine.   i have a billiken_roy hate tier for Mi$$ouri though.   and they indeed are exclusively in the top tier.

OK Roy, you will hate anyone or anything you want, we are still friends.

47 minutes ago, Old guy said:

A formal hate tier is better than a kill list, so I am for the idea.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

A formal hate tier is better than a kill list, so I am for the idea.

I have a hate tier that I won’t get into but I also have a kill list. 
Only one person is on it…

Bobby Brannen 

For the record I would never actually kill Bobby Brannen but I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire either. 

SLU_Lax and Billiken Rich like this

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Bobby Brannen 

For the record I would never actually kill Bobby Brannen but I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire either. 

Yeah he was easy to hate. I’d add Travis Diener to my list,  since he stiffed us for Marquette. 

billiken_roy likes this

12 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Bobby Brannen 

Don't forget Tyler Relph.

RUBillsFan and billiken_roy like this

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Yeah he was easy to hate. I’d add Travis Diener to my list,  since he stiffed us for Marquette. 

That’s a tough one. He definitely stiffed us but I wouldn’t want to do anything to hurt the rest of the Deiner family.

11 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

HhCn0yl.gif

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

It pains me that Relph is a trainer in the Dallas area now & has connections to several guys we've recruited.  Therefore, he pops up on my twitter feed every now & then.  I have to restrain myself from replying with obscenities directed at him.  Future recruiting > past hate.