GDT - Maul Memphis

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad it's our 3rd game and only their 2nd, though they did win their 1st game on the road vs Vandy.  After SLU they have VCU and SHU. That's a challenging opening to the season. 

This game reminds me of the Washington game in 2011/12. They also came in undefeated with some hype around them. Unfortunately for them, they ran into an angry Brian Conklin, figuratively and literally.   

Pretty sure we were ranked the next day, and went on to have three really great seasons. Hopefully this game can provide that kind of springboard for this year’s team. 

From Field of 68

This isn't for freshmen

Memphis (1-0) starts five seniors, including 26-year-old DeAndre Williams. Saint Louis (2-0) plays three seniors, a junior and a sophomore. The benches also are loaded with upperclassmen, making this a rare showcase of experience and talent. Don't forget the talent. New Tigers guard Kendric Davis may be the nation's best guard. Or is it Billikens guard Yuri Collins, who leads the nation with an assist rate of 55, dishing 27 dimes in his first two games? Whatever your preferred storyline, it's an incredible bit of counterprogramming (9 pm ET on CBS Sports Network) to Kansas-Duke.

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Anyone that puts any amount of capsaicin in his eyelids will NOT see the game, but will spend time at urgent care.

🤣 This made me laugh really hard lol. 

This is such an important game.

I think a win will boost us into the Top 25 of the AP poll.

A win will help generate local interest. Beat up Memphis and ticket sales will increase.

A win will generate more chatter on the local sports talk scene.

A win builds confidence for the tough stretch ahead. 

I agree with GoBillsGo. This definitely has a Washington feel to it. Hopefully we have the same outcome.

8 PM can’t get here fast enough.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

This is such an important game.

I think a win will boost us into the Top 25 of the AP poll.

Only issue is we have the mohegan sun tournament before the next ranking comes out. 

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

basic GDT ease my anxiety lol

Lol which contradicts the previous statement, but I appreciate the defense of the thread name being meaningless. 

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I think Memphis is our toughest game.   Win tonight and I like our chances this weekend. 

Maybe.  Hard to tell this early. None of the teams including Memphis has played a game yet where im like, yea they're good.  Thought that originally with Memphis over Vandy until Vandy turned around and lost by more at home USM.  Also playing away also doesnt make be feel great. 

15 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I think Memphis is our toughest game.   Win tonight and I like our chances this weekend. 

I think an away game against Dayton will always be our toughest game in any given year conference or non-conference, tied this year with Auburn on their turf.

20 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Only issue is we have the mohegan sun tournament before the next ranking comes out. 

i agree we have to beat memphis and maryland.

19 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Lol which contradicts the previous statement, but I appreciate the defense of the thread name being meaningless. 

It's meaningless toward what will actually happen in the game. To think otherwise is an egotistical perspective.

Personally, emotionally, I prefer simple.