Kramer to Redshirt

HoosierPal

If he wants to transfer or decides he wants to transfer at some point that is not a bad thing for anybody involved.  It is not a lost year for him, he gets college academic credit and still maintains all his eligibility whether he stays or leaves.  We have seen this play before and it has usually does not end with the player getting what they want without leaving.  The player that chooses to redshirt usually figures out that he is not in a good place for him.  Ford as would all coaches will continue to recruit over a player. My comment was not meant to be an attack on the player but just an observation.

I see no indication he's transferring. Not sure why that's even coming up, other than the fact we haven't had a non-medical redshirt under Ford yet. He was going to get very short minutes this year and decided to take the season to practice and adjust to the college game. Kramer can shoot, he can defend, and he's physically strong enough to play at this level right now. There are some other things he could work on. This is a kid who fell in love with the place and the culture on his visit and called it early. He's been a vocal leader from the bench. There's no reason to think he sees this as step one to another destination right now.

plus we are starting to see the ford 7-8 man rotation already.   normally it doesnt emerge till January but this is a killer non conference schedule and i think rightly so, ford is focused on trying to maximize that as much as possible.   

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I see no indication he's transferring. Not sure why that's even coming up, other than the fact we haven't had a non-medical redshirt under Ford yet. He was going to get very short minutes this year and decided to take the season to practice and adjust to the college game. Kramer can shoot, he can defend, and he's physically strong enough to play at this level right now. There are some other things he could work on. This is a kid who fell in love with the place and the culture on his visit and called it early. He's been a vocal leader from the bench. There's no reason to think he sees this as step one to another destination right now.

Yeah, Kramer was fired up on the bench last night.  He's living the dream.