Kramer to Redshirt

HoosierPal

I believe that this is something that can change as well.  By this I mean that he’s not prevented from coming into games, but if he did, he would lose the redshirt.  If red shirting is what he and the team want, I think it’s a good idea, but if we run into a bunch of injuries, he could still end up having to play this season.

6 hours ago, dennis_w said:

i think he can come to all the games and dress out, if he plays then the redshirt is gone, being there has no affect on the redshirt

Exactly this. Unless something has changed recently, you just DO NOT PLAY. You don’t fill out any paperwork, you don’t call the NCAA, you just do not go into a single game. Once you do, the redshirt is lost. That said, I think you have five years to play four. You can’t keep redshirting, unless injury enters into it.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, almaman said:

this seems like classic old school red shirting & seems very appropriate. also help with the only 2 incoming next year issue.

At pregame drills he looked like he was changing his body to basketball lean- the heavy look had to slow him down. I hope he keeps his desire to improve

57 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

No, why would SLU grant a redshirt if he was intending to transfer?  Makes no sense.

1) He doesn't have to reveal his intentions to transfer in order to ask the staff for a redshirt

2) It doesn't cost SLU anything to redshirt him? 

For all we know Ford asked him to redshirt.   There is a lot of guessing and wild accusations going on here.   And what if he was going to transfer?   I believe coach Ford is a good enough guy that if Kramer wasn't in his 2023 plans he probably would actually help him with his plans.  

Billiken Rich, AGB91 and HenryB like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

For all we know Ford asked him to redshirt.   There is a lot of guessing and wild accusations going on here.   And what if he was going to transfer?   I believe coach Ford is a good enough guy that if Kramer wasn't in his 2023 plans he probably would actually help him with his plans.  

Agree with all that. If he wasn’t going to play all that much this year, redshirting is in his best interest, preserves another year of eligibility for him while giving him a chance to practice and work on what he needs to improve. As far as his leaving, all he has to show for what he did this year is the indentation marks on his chair on the sidelines. Hardly raises his stock for other programs.