GDT - Eliminate Evansville

Fraz

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I believe that’s the first post where I’ve ever compared D Polk to Yurimania. But I’m old and may have forgot. If you could show me the others I’d appreciate it. 

Fine, play semantics on a post I typed up at 6am. You ARE extrapolating reasonable concern into comparisons with Dwayne Polk. Nobody....I repeat NOBODY is comparing him to Dwayne Polk. You're creating a level of criticism of Yuri that simply isn't there. Is that better?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the low attendance may be a result of the horrible traffic and parking 

for the games.

Also the decision to accept only credit cards for concessions has resulted in fewer options

No beer sellers in the concourse. Resulting in fans late to their seats to start the

game and at the end of half time.

JMHO

\

Just now, drkelsey55 said:

I believe the low attendance may be a result of the horrible traffic and parking 

This has to be fixed soon.  Already know a few people who said for me to "let them know" when it gets better before they come back.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This has to be fixed soon.  Already know a few people who said for me to "let them know" when it gets better before they come back.

I think I just don't really care, because I'm gonna go regardless, so I don't see where the problems are. Could you elaborate where the issues lie? Again, I'm not saying anyone is wrong I just have a blind spot for this.

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think I just don't really care, because I'm gonna go regardless, so I don't see where the problems are. Could you elaborate where the issues lie? Again, I'm not saying anyone is wrong I just have a blind spot for this.

FWIW the folks I've talked to are 70+ so I see their issue more. 

Game 1 - I stood in the area around the bridge for about 7 or 8 minutes without taking a step.  It was incredibly jammed up. Wasn't much of an issue because A I'm young, B it was still like 50's outside and not the 20s it will be soon. 

Game 2 - walking wasn't as bad in that area, 2-3 minutes of standings/barely moving.  Worst part, and I was legit pissed, took me 24 minutes to get out of my parking spot on the roof. about 26-27 minutes total to exit the garage. No one was moving.  

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

FWIW the folks I've talked to are 70+ so I see their issue more. 

Game 1 - I stood in the area around the bridge for about 7 or 8 minutes without taking a step.  It was incredibly jammed up. Wasn't much of an issue because A I'm young, B it was still like 50's outside and not the 20s it will be soon. 

Game 2 - walking wasn't as bad in that area, 2-3 minutes of standings/barely moving.  Worst part, and I was legit pissed, took me 24 minutes to get out of my parking spot on the roof. about 26-27 minutes total to exit the garage. No one was moving.  

I parked on the roof for game one and it was the same. What is the difference between this year and past years? Surely the half of the VIP lot that is closed isn't making that much of a difference

Just now, Littlebill said:

I parked on the roof for game one and it was the same. What is the difference between this year and past years? Surely the half of the VIP lot that is closed isn't making that much of a difference

The lot directly across from Chaifetz arena that is owned by Harris Stowe is no longer a lot.  They converted it to a baseball field I believe.  I think this has a lot to do with the problems.  

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Surprised to see the crowd attendance was 200 less than Murray state, for sure felt and looked like more to me. 

probably they reported paid attendance.   remember they were only offering 2 free tickets to season ticket holders for Murray.   for Evansville they offered 4.  

On 11/13/2022 at 8:16 AM, dlarry said:

I was fine with Yuri’s shot selection. All of his misses were in and out. They would rattle around then roll out. He wasn’t missing by much. The TOs I’d need to relook at. I think at least a few of them were catchable balls that other players muffed. 

Regardless he is the straw that stirs the drink.

You're correct on the shots. 

I rewatched the entire game last night - a couple of turnovers were moreso the fault of the receiver. Tough to blame a QB for an interception when he hits an open receiver in the hands. One of those turnovers was a bad call on a ball that went out of bounds. 5 turnovers, sure, but it's deeper than that and anyone who isn't looking for justification to crucify Yuri (the best PG in the country) sees that. 

22 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

You're correct on the shots. 

I rewatched the entire game last night - a couple of turnovers were moreso the fault of the receiver. Tough to blame a QB for an interception when he hits an open receiver in the hands. One of those turnovers was a bad call on a ball that went out of bounds. 5 turnovers, sure, but it's deeper than that and anyone who isn't looking for justification to crucify Yuri (the best PG in the country) sees that. 

It's literally one person. This whole discussion has gone off the rails.

20 hours ago, bauman said:

Bad post.  If you don't like what he writes, do what other posters have done and Ignore .

Nope. If he's going to consistently be the worst poster on the board (so bad it feels no less than intentional) he is not above facing the repercussions for it. 

What if our players read the board? Or their parents? God forbid recruits read it. They deserve to know that we don't think the way he does and that we in fact stand up for them against his terrible opinions. 

26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's literally one person. This whole discussion has gone off the rails.

You're not wrong but I'll admit, that one person sure knows how to get under my skin. Gotta be better about not taking the bait...

There's just so much fu**ing bait. If this team were as consistent as his criticisms of it we'd already have been crowned the 2022-23 national champs.