A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

VCU is everything we thought SLU would be. They’re going to win the A10  reg season and tournament.

#FireFord

So you thought SLU would win the conference and the tournament?  Stick to commenting on the predicted size of the crowd “half full”. 

58 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

VCU is everything we thought SLU would be. They’re going to win the A10  reg season and tournament.

#FireFord

Daytons been looking better than vcu last few games. 

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

Idk where this goes, but how on earth is Texas Tech “last 4 out” at 16-12, 5-10 in conference (lost their first 8). Nothing special in non-con, picked up a couple recent wins over ranked teams. Talk about a level playing field. Big East should always be priority #1 for May 

Tex Tech is one of 3 teams in the B12 that are 16-12 (SOS 34). The other 2 are WV( SOS 7) and Ok St(SOS 10)...Tex T & WV are both A teams  and OkSt is A-....All are Dance worthy teams.  The bottom feeder ,  Okla (13-15) is a B+ team (SOS 4) and while they won't be dancing...the computer says they would finish 1st in the A10.

For some context , the Bills have the toughest schedule in the A10  coming in at 100 and the A10 bottom feeder Loy grades out at C-.  Fham still has the weakest schedule at 245 and grades out overall at C+.

Bottom line Tex Tech is worthy...even at 16-12.

32 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Tex Tech is one of 3 teams in the B12 that are 16-12 (SOS 34). The other 2 are WV( SOS 7) and Ok St(SOS 10)...Tex T & WV are both A teams  and OkSt is A-....All are Dance worthy teams.  The bottom feeder ,  Okla (13-15) is a B+ team (SOS 4) and while they won't be dancing...the computer says they would finish 1st in the A10.

For some context , the Bills have the toughest schedule in the A10  coming in at 100 and the A10 bottom feeder Loy grades out at C-.  Fham still has the weakest schedule at 245 and grades out overall at C+.

Bottom line Tex Tech is worthy...even at 16-12.

Is SOS more important than winning the actual games? That’s kind of what I meant, get into the BE, and when the conference is strong we can blow all the games we want as long as we pick off enough Ws. I get the B12 is a wagon, but TT hasn’t really earned a bid with their results more who they’ve lost to. Seems incredibly lame

Bizziken likes this

SLU’s RPI, no doubt due to its strong SOS is 54, which would be the first team out of the NCAA and first team in the NIT. If the RPI was still followed, even in this disappointing season to date, SLU would be in contention for an NCAA at large bid. As is, under the NET, which the NCAA now uses, SLU’s NET is 100, well  out of the NIT.

This morning the NET (as compared to the RPI, the metric previously employed by the NCAA) would transfer 4 at large bids to the Power 5, and more specifically 3 to the Big 12 and 2 to the Big 10. Those bids come, one each from C-USA, the Missouri Valley, the Sun Belt, and the Colonial. The 5th bid would be an intra Power 5 transfer from the PAC-12.

majerus mojo likes this

2 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Is SOS more important than winning the actual games? That’s kind of what I meant, get into the BE, and when the conference is strong we can blow all the games we want as long as we pick off enough Ws. I get the B12 is a wagon, but TT hasn’t really earned a bid with their results more who they’ve lost to. Seems incredibly lame

Winning is the most important...but the next question a computer will ask is...who did you beat? In the example above , I mentioned Tex Tech had a 16-12 record with 34 SOS.   Fordham has a a 23-6 record with a 245  SOS.  If the Committee were picking today and it was between  Tex T and Fham they would pick Tex T in a second over Fham.  The computer (mine and the NET) weights the wins and gives each win a value.

Last night's games did little to affect the top four.  It is still VCU, Dayton, Fordham and us with Duquesne lurking.  It would be nice for Davidson to take down Duquesne today but I sincerely doubt that happens.  Prove me wronmg Loyer and Mennenga.  Duquesne has no answer for Mennega on the low blocks.  Duquesne will launch threes at home so it will be on Huffman and Watson to play some very good defense.  Game is on USA Network at 2 (1 CST).  The Joeys are at the Bonnises same network at noon (11 CST).  

Holmes scored 34 but the rest of Dayton was impotent.  Camara had nine but Oduro got help from Politte and Cooper.  Dayton missed 11 free throws while Mason went 17 of 23.  

• 1 month later...