A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I don't think we can go anywhere without an invitation to do so.  Everything else is just wishful thinking and pure speculation.

We're like a vampire sucking the blood of the A10 at this point.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I don't think we can go anywhere without an invitation to do so.  Everything else is just wishful thinking and pure speculation.

Technically no but we could do what Creighton did - lobby.  No percentages is just sitting around waiting for some one to ask us to the prom.

Schasz likes this

We need to become the Gonzaga of the A10. Get that kind of respect. Yes, just win, baby.

Recruit to be the best….in the Big East. Win recruiting wars with X, Marquette, etc. We beat Providence, Memphis. 

Need Yuri and GJ to stay another year. Get the best HANDS big man in the portal, someone anxious to receive Yuri zingers.

To me, the wild card is Brock Vice, the freshman. Im seeing BZ more as an outside guy, just from the few videos we’ve seen. How ready will they be? Will they be ahead of MoMo? Can MoMo add 15 lbs this off season? 

It is attitude, boys. Let’s whip up on FU, then attack the rest of the season.

Schasz likes this

38 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

We need to become the Gonzaga of the A10. Get that kind of respect. Yes, just win, baby.

Recruit to be the best….in the Big East. Win recruiting wars with X, Marquette, etc. We beat Providence, Memphis. 

Need Yuri and GJ to stay another year. Get the best HANDS big man in the portal, someone anxious to receive Yuri zingers.

To me, the wild card is Brock Vice, the freshman. Im seeing BZ more as an outside guy, just from the few videos we’ve seen. How ready will they be? Will they be ahead of MoMo? Can MoMo add 15 lbs this off season? 

I wouldn’t count on anyone aside from the freshmen and Parker to be back next season. 

15 hours ago, someoneelse said:

So many teams should be booted from the A-10!  Maybe the Bills should bolt!!  

Blue font. 

I was trying to be facetious. Some on this board say kick this or that team out. That’s not happening.

Ok, then bolt. . .to where?  Who wants us?  Our ‘golden year’ has us on the bubble, maybe. What conference that we want to be in is champing at the bit for that?

4 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

To accomplish this we would need more than one year of success.  The landscape of college basketball is changing way to fast for us to build a resume now that would matter.  I am afraid we missed our chance.

Nah!!! We’re Billiken MBM’s!!!! Hope springs eternal.

We have been hit with so much bad sh!!t that we don’t know which way to turn sometimes. We need to just keep digging and scratching and clawing to get the job done. That’s how the guys have got it done this year, after losing their first conference game.

It’s not gonna be easy .But it’s doable. You are correct, we need sustained success. That’s right what I mean by becoming the Gonzaga of the A10.

It starts next game! And the game after that! One by one!

Go Bills!

Go SLU!

Man, I’m pumped now.

mhg

BC1764 likes this

4 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

This is quite the statement giving how this season has gone. 

19 hours ago, rhagolf said:

It's good to have a one-game lead heading into the Fordham game; if we don't pack Chaifetz next Friday for VCU, there needs to be an explanation as to whether there is real interest in St. Louis for the Billikens.

Agreed. Blues suck and the Cardinals don't begin regular season play until late March early April. No excuses..

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Tourney as of Wednesday morning.  This will change tonight.  For now we likely get a UMass rematch.

friday is huge.   we need to get first place back.   then keep it.  

The Billikens are half down with the A10 Season.  A few teams have played 10.  But here is your half season comparison between the A10 Preseason poll and today's standing.  Most surprising team for the first half of the season is of course - Duquesne (wow) with Fordham second.  Most disappointing is Loyola by a wide margin.

First number is PreSeason rank, second is todays rank, and third is the delta.

Dayton   1,  3,  -2

SLU        2, 2, 0

VCU       3,  1,  +2

Loyola    4,  15,  -11

GMas     5,  9,  -4

Davids   6, 13,  -7

Richm    7, 10, -3

UMass   8,  9,  -1

Rhody   7,  10,  -3

StB       10,  6,  +4

Fordham  11,  4,  +7

St Joe    13,  11,  +2

LaSal     14,  14,  0

Duq      15,   7,   +8

Tonight, the Bonnies won at Richmond.  Handled the Spider from start to finish who couldn't make a three.

St. Joes has a nice run going and handled Rhode Island with ease.

Mason put Umass away handily.  

And in the best game of the night, Geedubya and La Salle went back and forth at the Masoleum until La Salle prevailed by nearly ten.

Outsideof Richmond, the home teams won going away.