A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

He can coach, but he’s a drama queen kook.  I’m surprised he gets kids to play for him this day and age. The ranting and stomping around with a snarled face like he’s Billy bad a$$ would get old real quick.

Feels like this is a standard now on social media, might make him relatable to kids.

Haveno idea what Dunphy is doing or what his team did but he benched Brantley, Brickus, Nickleberry ands Gill tonmight against Davidson.  Scrappy game but who is playing reallky suck.  La Salle has no answer for Mennenga.  50 to 45 Davidson start fo fourth quarter.

Davidson is really bad outside of Mennega and Loyer.  Dashon Sheperd really coming on for La Salle after hsi breakout game against us.

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Final Davidson 64 to 57.  Uninspiring basketball.  Davidson goes as far as Loyer and Mennenga go.

Davidson lost on the glass by 6.  We should have our way down there.  Make some shots and we’ll be in good shape

My matchups would be Collins/Hughes on Loyer.  Jimerson on Huffman/Kochera.  Hargrove/Pickett on Bailey/Skrogman.  Perkins/Parker on Watson and Okoro/Forrester on Menennga. 

Mennenga was too much of a load on the lower blocks for La Salle.  With Dunphy's dumb-shite starting lineup, only Doucoure could provide bulk down low and he's plain terrible.  Then Mennenga stepped outside and Doucoure didn't really follow him out there.  He made three treys from straight on top of the key. To me, that's really his stronger suite.  He's not a banger and Okoro should do well down low.  But we need to limit the dumb fouls.  We also can't commit much help to Loyer.  If we do, some scrub like Huffman or Watson will find religion -- as someone alway sdoes against us.  With enough pressure, Loyer shouldn't be the reason we lose.

Dunphy benched Nickleberry, Brickus and Brantley as well as limiting play from Antwan Gill.  Combined, they got 34 total minutes mostly in the second half.  All that was said was Dunphy's quote of "they all have a different sense of time than I do."  So they must've missed a team meeting, a bus or something.  Brantley did score 10 but it was all at the foul line driving late.  

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

My matchups would be Collins/Hughes on Loyer.  Jimerson on Huffman/Kochera.  Hargrove/Pickett on Bailey/Skrogman.  Perkins/Parker on Watson and Okoro/Forrester on Menennga. 

Mennenga was too much of a load on the lower blocks for La Salle.  With Dunphy's dumb-shite starting lineup, only Doucoure could provide bulk down low and he's plain terrible.  Then Mennenga stepped outside and Doucoure didn't really follow him out there.  He made three treys from straight on top of the key. To me, that's really his stronger suite.  He's not a banger and Okoro should do well down low.  But we need to limit the dumb fouls.  We also can't commit much help to Loyer.  If we do, some scrub like Huffman or Watson will find religion -- as someone alway sdoes against us.  With enough pressure, Loyer shouldn't be the reason we lose.

Dunphy benched Nickleberry, Brickus and Brantley as well as limiting play from Antwan Gill.  Combined, they got 34 total minutes mostly in the second half.  All that was said was Dunphy's quote of "they all have a different sense of time than I do."  So they must've missed a team meeting, a bus or something.  Brantley did score 10 but it was all at the foul line driving late.  

Thanks for this Taj.  Do you see switch offs when Mennenga goes outside?  I can’t see Franko or Forrester chasing him outside without picking up fouls.

billiken_roy likes this

Rhody beats Dayton 75-70.

Duq over Loy-Chi 72-58 after the ‘blers had a 40-31 halftime lead.

Joes going to OT with GW, tied at 79.

VCU thumps Mason by 20.

Fordham takes down SBU by 11 on the road, that’s the 16-4 Fordham Rams BTW.