A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Matty Light said:

Later today there is a Memphis vs Auburn game. As far as rooting interests I think I am pulling for a close victory by Memphis. It's really our only chance of having defeated an At Large tournament selection if Memphis does well from here on out.

I wouldn't count Providence out. They just finished their non-conference schedule with an 8-3 record, with the three losses against good teams (SLU, Miami, TCU). They didn't have any signature wins, but with a long 20-game conference season they'll have plenty of opportunities to make an at-large case for themselves during conference play. That's a luxury SLU doesn't have.

29 minutes ago, Compton said:

I wouldn't count Providence out. They just finished their non-conference schedule with an 8-3 record, with the three losses against good teams (SLU, Miami, TCU). They didn't have any signature wins, but with a long 20-game conference season they'll have plenty of opportunities to make an at-large case for themselves during conference play. That's a luxury SLU doesn't have.

True. I didn't mean to count them out. The Friars have the opportunity to make the Dance in front of them. I also think it more likely Memphis makes it then Providence. Hopefully, they both make it and SLU wins the A10 tournament. That would be the optimal outcome.

4 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Later today there is a Memphis vs Auburn game. As far as rooting interests I think I am pulling for a close victory by Memphis. It's really our only chance of having defeated an At Large tournament selection if Memphis does well from here on out.

BOOM

16 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Bonnies lost to Iona today 72-57.  They were at least competitive for most of the game

Iona making their case for an A-10 invite.

Duquesne lost by 13 at home today to New Mexico State. Fordham now 10-1.

Couldn’t find the other games thread (didn’t look hard) but Maryland currently getting spanked by Tennessee. UPDATE: wow Maryland with a huge 2nd half run to make it a game but end up falling by 3. 

5 hours ago, laker119 said:

Bonnies lost to Iona today 72-57.  They were at least competitive for most of the game

They played on a neutral court (Barclays), not that 2500 seat gym the Billikens had to play in.

26 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Couldn’t find the other games thread (didn’t look hard) but Maryland currently getting spanked by Tennessee. 

10 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Couldn’t find the other games thread (didn’t look hard) but Maryland currently getting spanked by Tennessee. UPDATE: wow Maryland with a huge 2nd half run to make it a game but end up falling by 3. 

Correction: The mighty Fordham Rams are 11-1!! Of course, their strength of schedule according to Sagarin sits at 361 out of 363 so a bit misleading. As bad as the A-10 is this year, they might be on their way to a 20-win season. 😳

The league is 31 games over .500 as of Dec. 14 (counting Division-1 games only).  I don't know how other mid-major leagues are rated ahead of the A-10 who aren't as far over .500 and don't play the number of road games (percentage wise) this league plays.  The A-10 may play their share of "cupcake" opponents, but they have also played quite a few games against quality opposition (not just Saint Louis).    I don't understand how the NET rating system has a team like Davidson rated so low with the schedule they have played with half of their first 10 OCC games being on the road. 

This is a direct statement from the official A-10 website on Dec. 12:

"In his most recent bracketology, Jerry Palm of CBS Sports has Dayton and Saint Louis in the field as a single-digit seeds. Additionally, VCU is in the mix as one of the first teams out. Bracket Matrix, which compiles all bracketologists, has six teams in the hunt from the A-10: Davidson, Dayton, Fordham, Loyola, UMass, Saint Louis."

1 minute ago, An A-10 fan said:

The league is 31 games over .500 as of Dec. 14 (counting Division-1 games only).  I don't know how other mid-major leagues are rated ahead of the A-10 who aren't as far over .500 and don't play the number of road games (percentage wise) this league plays.  The A-10 may play their share of "cupcake" opponents, but they have also played quite a few games against quality opposition (not just Saint Louis).    I don't understand how the NET rating system has a team like Davidson rated so low with the schedule they have played with half of their first 10 OCC games being on the road. 

This is a direct statement from the official A-10 website on Dec. 12:

"In his most recent bracketology, Jerry Palm of CBS Sports has Dayton and Saint Louis in the field as a single-digit seeds. Additionally, VCU is in the mix as one of the first teams out. Bracket Matrix, which compiles all bracketologists, has six teams in the hunt from the A-10: Davidson, Dayton, Fordham, Loyola, UMass, Saint Louis."

the league sucks this year. its not that hard. the NET says the league sucks because the league sucks