A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CenHudDude said:

Maryland had only played 3 weak opponents before facing the much stronger Billikens, and then______________

The Wiz called the Maryland game a double outlier. In terms of the normal distribution curve the result for this game was around 4 standard deviations away from the median. It was a game in which everything flowed favorably for Maryland, and, of course unfavorably for us. These events are very uncommon and it would be highly unusual if we had something similar happening with Auburn. We did beat Memphis and Providence both of which were strong opponents. So, let's not lose sleep tonight fearing another loss like Maryland. The spread does not favor us by 7 points and a part of it is the home game factor. We will see what happens tomorrow.

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

games are short with plenty of stoppages, media timeouts, out of bound plays , free throws and half time, these guys dont get exhausted, you play your best players as much as you can

I talked to a few people who attended the Providence game and Yuri had Bynum wearing down. I don't think it's necessarily "exhausted" nor is it close to a guarantee that the strategy of wearing down your opponent will be successful. I do believe that it's absolutely about pushing your opponent to a point physically where they make poor decisions from fatigue.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I talked to a few people who attended the Providence game and Yuri had Bynum wearing down. I don't think it's necessarily "exhausted" nor is it close to a guarantee that the strategy of wearing down your opponent will be successful. I do believe that it's absolutely about pushing your opponent to a point physically where they make poor decisions from fatigue.

i have been to a lot abb practices, they work much harder in practice than games

Davidson falls in OT to Charlotte 68-66 on a three-pointer at the buzzer. Loyer had 22 and Mennenga 21. Looks like the Wildcats are a two-man team.

4 hours ago, almaman said:

wow, lotta buy games I guess

VCU and George Mason had tough ones at home against Vanderbilt and Hofstra respectively.  Both home teams won.

George Washington also beat South Carolina at home, so they weren’t all buy games.  Saint Joseph’s also upset Penn at the Palestra.