A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Murray State's nice win over Texas A&M was somewhat devalued today as they lost to Colorado by 28.

Murray currently handling UMass in the second half.  As UMass conquered Colorado, just put another variable into the equation.

Umass survives 71-69 over Murray state

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

The A10 is so obnoxious. So many teams are playing horrible now, and will find themselves come conference time. Way to help the league.

Davidson beat P5 South Carolina.  Is that obnoxious or just horrible.  Loyer had an impressive second half.

Looks like a 4-3 night.

51 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So I guess you are an SEC fan?  Valley?

What? Because I am mad that the A10 is starting off slower than they should. You think George Mason will be bad come conference time? You want to face a bunch of Quad 4 teams with Quad 1-2 talent? Really good for the NCAA resume. I am not the only person who feels this way, I have read several tweets on the underwhelming start in the A10. I assume they have actually punched numbers on the issue.

And anyway, I guess my safety fun watch is the Valley, definitely not SEC. I kind of jump around to our future opponents generally.

8 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

What? Because I am mad that the A10 is starting off slower than they should. You think George Mason will be bad come conference time? You want to face a bunch of Quad 4 teams with Quad 1-2 talent? Really good for the NCAA resume. I am not the only person who feels this way, I have read several tweets on the underwhelming start in the A10. I assume they have actually punched numbers on the issue.

And anyway, I guess my safety fun watch is the Valley, definitely not SEC. I kind of jump around to our future opponents generally.

SLU will have to pick up the slack and win to bring up the A10 and as you pointed out because the conference is not performing well so quality wins are going to have to come by the non conference schedule so today is a good day to get another quality win.

No excuses win today.

29 minutes ago, CBFan said:

SLU will have to pick up the slack and win to bring up the A10 and as you pointed out because the conference is not performing well so quality wins are going to have to come by the non conference schedule so today is a good day to get another quality win.

No excuses win today.

+1

Wisconsin 23  Dayton 14  at the half.

Dayton cant hit a lick from outide, shooting 2-16 from 3pt land (12.5%). They have missed about 3 or 4 wide open 3's... Wisonsin hasnt allowed Dayton to get the ball inside at all and gladly let Dayton take deep shots. Overall its a big physical defensive battle and the refs are letting them play. 10 turnovers for Dayton to Wisconsins 5. Dayton with a slight edge in rebounding 25 to Wisconsins 21. 

Malachi Smith is on the floor for Dayton while Kobe Brea did not make the trip (out with an illness)

1 hour ago, Young Charles said:

Wisconsin 23  Dayton 14  at the half.

Dayton cant hit a lick from outide, shooting 2-16 from 3pt land (12.5%). They have missed about 3 or 4 wide open 3's... Wisonsin hasnt allowed Dayton to get the ball inside at all and gladly let Dayton take deep shots. Overall its a big physical defensive battle and the refs are letting them play. 10 turnovers for Dayton to Wisconsins 5. Dayton with a slight edge in rebounding 25 to Wisconsins 21. 

Malachi Smith is on the floor for Dayton while Kobe Brea did not make the trip (out with an illness)

That turned out to be a great game. Too bad Grant called a TO just as Holmes was shooting and hitting a 15 footer. 

If Malachi wasn't rusty the Flyers win this game but instead they're behind the eight ball only two weeks into the season.  Klesmit locked down Elvis the final 30 seconds of the game to preserve the Badger victory.  The only opportunity at a quality win left on the Flyers non-con is a road game at Virginia Tech. 

Being the front runner isn't what it's cracked up to be.  All it takes is a couple of early losses and you're in emergency mode.

Marlow likes this

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If Malachi wasn't rusty the Flyers win this game but instead they're behind the eight ball only two weeks into the season.  Klesmit locked down Elvis the final 30 seconds of the game to preserve the Badger victory.  The only opportunity at a quality win left on the Flyers non-con is a road game at Virginia Tech. 

Being the front runner isn't what it's cracked up to be.  All it takes is a couple of early losses and you're in emergency mode.

Doesnt help that their out of conference schedule isnt very good.  

11 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

With a huge SLU game on tap for Sunday, it seems that "emergency mode" could be the subtitle for the entire Atlantic 10. 

30 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

And/or if Brea was available, they could've/should've won.  I believe Dayton plays NC State tomorrow. They then will play either USC, BYU, Tenn, or Butler, depending on who wins.  They also have VA Tech and Wyoming coming up on the OOC.

The Rhode Island win over Illinois State has the craziest box score ever.  Rhodey had only 4 players score...and only one of them started.  Leggett went for 18, and then 3 off the bench added the rest.

SLU_Lax likes this

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The Rhode Island win over Illinois State has the craziest box score ever.  Rhodey had only 4 players score...and only one of them started.  Leggett went for 18, and then 3 off the bench added the rest.

good observation. that's crazy

56 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Good catch, I had to look and see. In addition to outscoring the starters, the bench also out rebounded them by nearly double, starters 16 total rb’s, bench 31, starters 4 orb’s, bench 15 orb’s. Looks like 4 of his starters started all games this year too. Weirdest box score I can recall seeing offhand.