A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't know if I agree with that. He has knowingly spread an awful rumor(is it even a rumor if he just made it up out of thin air himself?) about Yuri Collins. Why? What was his motive?

1. Yuri did not play the NIT game last season because he was much more interested in his NIL dealings with Tennessee.

2. He sent an awful message to his team when they tried to bring him back to the Blue team family, saying (correctly) that his family was his biological family and they were no family to him.

I anticipate that he will do the same thing at the end of this season, again for money. This is my personal belief that no one else needs to share it. I think NILs will destroy team unity.

If you love NILs as a way to reach greatness you must learn to live with NILs and the effects the primary pursuit of money has upon to people. Yuri primary interest is Yuri, not the Bills. I believe these are facts not rumors. You are free to believe what you want.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

1. Yuri did not play the NIT game last season because he was much more interested in his NIL dealings with Tennessee.

2. He sent an awful message to his team when they tried to bring him back to the Blue team family, saying (correctly) that his family was his biological family and they were no family to him.

I anticipate that he will do the same thing at the end of this season, again for money. This is my personal belief that no one else needs to share. I think NILs will destroy team unity.

If you love NILs as a way to reach greatness. You must learn to live with NILs and the effects the primary pursuit of money has upon to people. Yuri primary interest is Yuri, not in the Bills. I believe these are facts not rumors. You are free to believe what you want.

Ok. So, for 1) this is what we call a "rumor", the person with the most insight on the team came on here to even say this wasn't true. And even after that, you keep running with it. At the very least please tell me you didn't see TheOnes post, I'd feel a little better about it if that was the case. 

2) I cant even begin to think where you have heard this.  The line, " that his family was his biological family and they were no family to him" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.  The fact that you even believe this for a second is borderline just as hilarious and more importantly, scary.  

Currently I'm picturing in my head the scene where all the players are in the locker room, upset at yuri's decision. Its quiet, not a word is said when all the players phones go off.  They all bring out their phone to read a text from yuri saying "you guys are not my biological family".

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ok. So, for 1) this is a rumor, the person with the most insight on the team came on here to even say this wasn't true. And even after that, you keep running with it. At the very least please tell me you didn't see TheOnes post, I'd feel a little better about it if that was the case. 

2) I cant even begin to think where you have heard this.  The line, " that his family was his biological family and they were no family to him" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.  The fact that you even believe this for a second is borderline just as hilarious and more importantly, scary.  

Old Guy doesn't know how a redshirt works but he has someone giving him this insanely specific inside information on Yuri.

BilliesBy40 and Fraz like this

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Old Guy doesn't know how a redshirt works but he has someone giving him this insanely specific inside information on Yuri.

Its very scary someone will run with this info in a non joking manner. 

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ok. So, for 1) this is what we call a "rumor", the person with the most insight on the team came on here to even say this wasn't true. And even after that, you keep running with it. At the very least please tell me you didn't see TheOnes post, I'd feel a little better about it if that was the case. 

Currently I'm picturing in my head the scene where all the players are in the locker room, upset at yuri's decision. Its quiet, not a word is said when all the players phones go off.  They all bring out their phone to read a text from yuri saying "you guys are not my biological family".

1, I do not  see a lot of posts because they come from people I have on ignore.

2, This was posted somewhere in the blog, earlier this year when Yuri was in the transfer portal.

You can picture in your head anything you wish and yes, they are not his biological family they know that. The point here is that Yuri, as per this blog post, was telling them where his loyalty was, with his biological family and the pursuit of money, not with the team. I do not believe this is what we want in the Bills. You may indeed think this is OK, again bringing things back to the NIL issue.

I have made it clear that I do not support NILs. Yes, I know they are here to stay but they have very negative consequences in my opinion. I know a lot of you strongly support NILs, I think this is an error.

Finally, I get my information from this here blog, not from some secret source.

2 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

That's what we're doing. 

thats wrong.   you obviously have never met old guy.   he is not a troll.   he loves the billikens.   if you talked to him personally you would know that.   i agree i dont necessarily agree with all his thoughts or at least to the degree he believes, but i will defend his loyalty to the TEAM.   and honestly, my respect and degree of like for yuri has cooled as well after his efforts to leave.   i'm glad he's back, but i totally understand old guy still being upset about it.   some fans/people make loyalty and commitment a priority.   it's not a bad trait.   personally i wish old guy would just off the yuri fan train and ignore the summer for the betterment of the billikens,

the point is, he is not a troll.   as was stated earlier, if you cant not read him voluntarily just put him on ignore.   that's what ive done with a certain soccer poster at billikens.com.   seems to work.   i dont fight with him any longer.   

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

thats wrong.   you obviously have never met old guy.   he is not a troll.   he loves the billikens.   if you talked to him personally you would know that.   i agree i dont necessarily agree with all his thoughts or at least to the degree he believes, but i will defend his loyalty to the TEAM.   and honestly, my respect and degree of like for yuri has cooled as well after his efforts to leave.   i'm glad he's back, but i totally understand old guy still being upset about it.   some fans/people make loyalty and commitment a priority.   it's not a bad trait.   personally i wish old guy would just off the yuri fan train and ignore the summer for the betterment of the billikens,

the point is, he is not a troll.   as was stated earlier, if you cant not read him voluntarily just put him on ignore.   that's what ive done with a certain soccer poster at billikens.com.   seems to work.   i dont fight with him any longer.   

The refrain of "he's not a troll, he's actually a really nice guy if you get to know him" gets tired, as the two are not mutually exclusive. Similarly, how one feels about Billiken basketball and how one posts on a message board are two different things.

Indeed, ignore is a useful option for all. 

Old guy and BuiltFordBills like this

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Yeah but where do you draw the line when he's making vicious and baseless accusations toward a player?

33 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Side note - I can't decide who I'm rooting for more this afternoon, Murray or UMASS. 

Tough one. Guess I have to stick with fellow conference members in the non-conference part of the schedule. Good thought exercise though.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah but where do you draw the line when he's making vicious and baseless accusations toward a player?

Exactly. "B-b-b-b-b-but, he's otherwise a nice guy! I swear!" 

I don't care if he's Mother Theresa, libel isn't cool. 

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

Tough one. Guess I have to stick with fellow conference members in the non-conference part of the schedule. Good thought exercise though.

I'm leaning that way because it'll mean more in the long run. On one hand UMass got the big Colorado win out of the tournament, but on the other Murray doesn't have as many chances at getting good wins. I'm looking at this strictly as "Which team's win would be more beneficial to SLU?" and I can't confidently answer that. Maybe someone smarter than me can?

4 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I'm leaning that way because it'll mean more in the long run. On one hand UMass got the big Colorado win out of the tournament, but on the other Murray doesn't have as many chances at getting good wins. I'm looking at this strictly as "Which team's win would be more beneficial to SLU?" and I can't confidently answer that. Maybe someone smarter than me can?

OOC wins mean more imo

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

OOC wins mean more imo

Not sure which way you're taking this but I'd think you mean cheer for Murray? 

We beat Murray in the OOC so their performance improves that win on the resume, but if UMass beats Murray it's an OOC win for them which improves their resume and in turn strengthens the conference and our matchup against them. 

-- that matchup against UMass is on the road, where if they climb to 135 in NET it will be a Q2 win and not a Q3. The Murray game at home has much less of a chance of being a Q2 win because they'd have to climb all the way to top 75 in NET to break out of Q3 territory. 

--- in summary I'm cheering for UMass. 

Fraz and SLU_Lax like this

36 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Not sure which way you're taking this but I'd think you mean cheer for Murray? 

We beat Murray in the OOC so their performance improves that win on the resume, but if UMass beats Murray it's an OOC win for them which improves their resume and in turn strengthens the conference and our matchup against them. 

-- that matchup against UMass is on the road, where if they climb to 135 in NET it will be a Q2 win and not a Q3. The Murray game at home has much less of a chance of being a Q2 win because they'd have to climb all the way to top 75 in NET to break out of Q3 territory. 

--- in summary I'm cheering for UMass. 

I’ll agree with your logic. It sure does make a fan think about it…

34 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I'm not going to be upset either way. Short-term advantages tip my allegiances in Murray's favor but long-term I think UMass is the play.  

I will also go with Murray State.  A 1-2 Murray makes their 1-win just look like a fluke and makes it more easily dismissed.  I want to get ranked.  We aren't playing UMass anytime soon. 

I root for Murray State for the early benefit of getting ranked with the Murray State victory helping get us there.

3star_recruit likes this