A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton played with seven scholarship players. They were without starting PG Mali Smith, Last year's A-10 Sixth Man of the Year winner, Koby Brea, and Richard Amaefule all out with injuries (Amaefule missed last season due to an injury). Tyrone Baker is being redshirted and Kaleb Washington is suspended.

The Dayton/SMU game was close, 63 to 62, when Dayton went on an 11 - 0 run to end the game.  Amzil had a huge game as did Camara with 19 rebounds.  Still not impressed with Holmes as an offensive player.  Sure, seven of 11 shooting but six were dunks and/or layups.  Mongolian Mike Sharavjamts does look quite impressive for Dayton.  

St. Joe's got blown out in Annapolis by Houston.  St. Joe's this year is no different than St. Joe's last year.  Ejike is an immobile big.  Reynolds is all over the place and out of control.  Cam Brown is still Cam Brown.  Charles Coleman is awful.  Lynn Greer didn't show me much and Klazcek is a Euro-stiff.  They do have a nice freshman in RaSheer Flemming, a 6'9" kid who went for 9 and 7 in 17 minutes against Houston's athletic roster.  

Kentucky manhandled Duquesne no problem.  After going off on Montana, Joe Reece and Dae Dae Grant were a combined 2 for 13 and 1 of six from distance.  Duquesne got up close and personal with big-time college basketball and whimpered away.

Arkansas crushed Fordham.  Really looked like Fordham was a high school JayVee team at times.  The Mitchell twin that started at Rhode Island started for Arkansas posting 8 and 4.  The other twin, goose eggs.

George Washington defeated Howard and got a decent game from former stud recruit Ricky Lindo.  More amazing, Hunter Dean didn't miss a shot --- 5of 5 from the floor and 4 of 4 from the line.  Wow!  Hunter Dean.

Richmond downed Northern Iowa behind Jason Nelson's 21.  It wasn't all Tyler Burton.  Not too impressed with 7-foot transfer Neal Quinn.  Six poinbts, five rebounds and 1 block.  And the guy is neither the exterior presence Golden was nor the interior presence a 7-footer should seem to be.  

Mason handled Longwood at ghome in Fairfaz.  Oduro with 20.

And Loyola beat crosstown UIC with D2 transfer Phil Alston leading the way with 18.

Dayton was pushed, Duquesne, Fordham and St. Joe's all got hammered.  The others took care of business at home, except Loyola which won at UIC.

I know some people may be interested in what the effect of winning a game going over the Vegas line by a single point has upon the ranking. I follow Team Rankings daily during the season. Prior to the game the final Vegas line expected Dayton to win by 11 pts. It was a tough game salvaged at the last moment with Dayton winning by 12 pts, a single point over the Vegas line. It is to be noted that a number of players, including significant contributors, were sidelined from the game. Prior to this game Dayton was ranked at 22 by TR, after the game Dayton's ranking went down to 24.

There aren't a lot of of decent D1 options for the Bonnies in upstate New York.  That leaves them teams like Canisius, Niagara, Binghamton, Albany, Siena, St. Francis (NY), Iona, Buffalo and the like.  

What's the biggest issue with the game per Twitter?

33 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

There aren't a lot of of decent D1 options for the Bonnies in upstate New York.  That leaves them teams like Canisius, Niagara, Binghamton, Albany, Siena, St. Francis (NY), Iona, Buffalo and the like.  

What's the biggest issue with the game per Twitter?

Without looking, I assume the issue is that Bonnie fans have a problem with playing AT Canisius, rather than a buy game at home.  In theory, they should be at a higher level than home and homes with Canisius, but in reality, it probably costs significantly more to get teams to travel to olean for a buy game. 

Just now, HoosierPal said:

That little four team tourney sure got flipped.  A Colorado v TAM matchup is now for the Consolation ribbon.  You know 'they' were hopeful that was for the title.

Murray State win helps our SOS.

I think it is an eight team tournament. The UMass/Murray game is a semi. 

1 minute ago, bauman said:

Can you please stop with the "Vegas line" multiple  times every game that is discussed!

Have I ever told you or anyone else what they can or cannot write about? I am interested in the Vegas line because it is a direct line as to how the betting public thinks the game will go. They can be wrong repeatedly but the number represents a consensus of where lots of people think the game is going to end up at. It is a valid measure of expected performance during a game. You and many others may not consider it so, but I believe it is.

CBFan and dennis_w like this

12 hours ago, bauman said:

Can you please stop with the "Vegas line" multiple  times every game that is discussed!

Will you stop piling on old guy for nothing if you don’t like his posts put him on ignore.

billiken_roy likes this

i agree on Old guy, just leave the man alone.   the one thing we can agree on (i hope) is that old guy is passionate about the billikens and loves to see our success.   maybe he doesnt agree on the path but the end result is what he wants.  pick your fights with the trolls that hate the billikens and want to destroy our shared love of the billikens.  

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree on Old guy, just leave the man alone.   the one thing we can agree on (i hope) is that old guy is passionate about the billikens and loves to see our success.   maybe he doesnt agree on the path but the end result is what he wants.  pick your fights with the trolls that hate the billikens and want to destroy our shared love of the billikens.  

I don't know if I agree with that. He has knowingly spread an awful rumor(is it even a rumor if he just made it up out of thin air himself?) about Yuri Collins. Why? What was his motive?