Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

We are talking about #14 in the video, right? All I saw was one dunk.

Yes, #14…he also is seen setting a pick or two. Just back from China after a couple month’s absence and his overall stat line totals nearly 30–points, rebounds, blocks. assists…on a balanced attack of D-1 prospects that production seems pretty solid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can get over the fact there's a HS called eastside.  Also thought there was gonna be a joke about how Cian fits in with this team, no fight. 

- And yea, this is 100% on Camden, jesus.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IaX2aQhQMU&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2023%2F02%2F16%2Fnew-jersey-high-school-basketball-game-halted-after-melee%2F&source_ve_path=MzY4NDI&feature=emb_logo

24 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I can get over the fact there's a HS called eastside.  Also thought there was gonna be a joke about how Cian fits in with this team, no fight. 

- And yea, this is 100% on Camden, jesus.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IaX2aQhQMU&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2023%2F02%2F16%2Fnew-jersey-high-school-basketball-game-halted-after-melee%2F&source_ve_path=MzY4NDI&feature=emb_logo

Dude got a ball tossed off his head by his teammate, then took a forearm to the face from the opponent. Rough possession for that young man!

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Dude got a ball tossed off his head by his teammate, then took a forearm to the face from the opponent. Rough possession for that young man!

hahaha, I didn't even notice that

I think more recruits end up sticking with their commitment when a new coach is hired than folks might realize.

I would assume all would open their recruitment back up, but ultimately I think a lot of guys who are not elite recruits find out that the interest they had on the front end might not be the same come the spring after teams likely moved on and are also focusing on the transfer portal. I always hear that as a big concern on the football side where fans get rather attached to recruits, but I have found most end up where they originally committed even after a coaching change. If you hire a coach I would hope he has the ability to lock in players who had already committed to your program.

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think more recruits end up sticking with their commitment when a new coach is hired than folks might realize.

I would assume all would open their recruitment back up, but ultimately I think a lot of guys who are not elite recruits find out that the interest they had on the front end might not be the same come the spring after teams likely moved on and are also focusing on the transfer portal. I always hear that as a big concern on the football side where fans get rather attached to recruits, but I have found most end up where they originally committed even after a coaching change. If you hire a coach I would hope he has the ability to lock in players who had already committed to your program.

NIL changes this.  Cian and Vice may stick around because the NIL is bigger than they would get else where. 

12 minutes ago, wgstl said:

NIL changes this.  Cian and Vice may stick around because the NIL is bigger than they would get else where. 

What are you saying it changes? Increases or decreases the likelihood of guys sticking to their original commitment which in recent years had been quite high despite what some have been posting? A lot of posters on this site post so definitively about NIL when so few have any clue what the actual experience is.

slufanskip likes this