Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I had not in fact heard of Mr. Dick.  I'm guessing he doesn't get whacked every time he touches the ball or run around at full speed like a headless chicken.  Is it possible for a 6'7" beanpole to play for Kansas?  Obviously it is.  

I have been following Indiana basketball since my son now goes there.  They have a kid who is very similar to GJ, so I looked him up.  His name is Trey Galloway.  He does just fine with the physicality of the Big 10.  Here's the comparison:

Gibson Jimerson - 6'5"  205 lbs

Trey Galloway - 6'4" 203 lbs

Then I decided to look up the top 3 point shooters in the country from the power conferences.  Here is what I found:

Jabe Mullins - Washington St. - Junior - 6'6"  192 lbs

Adam Flagler - Baylor - Redshirt Senior - 6'3" 185 lbs

Casey Morsell - NC St. - Senior - 6'3"  200 lbs

Grant Sherfield - Oklahoma - Senior - 6'2"  201 lbs

Marcus Carr - Texas - Senior - 6'2"  175 lbs

Brandon Miller - Alabama - Freshman - 6'9"  200 lbs

D'Moi Hodge - Missouri - Senior - 6'4"  188 lbs

Conclusion, GJ's weight is just fine for purposes of competing in high level college basketball.  Also, B-Rich, this wasn't so much a criticism of your post as it was just curiosity on my part.

16 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have been following Indiana basketball since my son now goes there.  They have a kid who is very similar to GJ, so I looked him up.  His name is Trey Galloway.  He does just fine with the physicality of the Big 10.  Here's the comparison:

Gibson Jimerson - 6'5"  205 lbs

Trey Galloway - 6'4" 203 lbs

Then I decided to look up the top 3 point shooters in the country from the power conferences.  Here is what I found:

Jabe Mullins - Washington St. - Junior - 6'6"  192 lbs

Adam Flagler - Baylor - Redshirt Senior - 6'3" 185 lbs

Casey Morsell - NC St. - Senior - 6'3"  200 lbs

Grant Sherfield - Oklahoma - Senior - 6'2"  201 lbs

Marcus Carr - Texas - Senior - 6'2"  175 lbs

Brandon Miller - Alabama - Freshman - 6'9"  200 lbs

D'Moi Hodge - Missouri - Senior - 6'4"  188 lbs

Conclusion, GJ's weight is just fine for purposes of competing in high level college basketball.  Also, B-Rich, this wasn't so much a criticism of your post as it was just curiosity on my part.

Just picked the first guy on your list, Trey Galloway.  Dude looks like he's lifted some weights now and again...... Trey Galloway - Inside the Hall | Indiana Hoosiers Basketball News,  Recruiting and Analysis

image.jpeg

Look I'm really not wanting to take this any further.  Gibson seems like a great kid and teammate and student.  I'm not going to miss him when he's gone.  Everyone else and the team might.  Surely if everyone can pine for Ford to self-immolate, I can look to the future too......

18 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Just picked the first guy on your list, Trey Galloway.  Dude looks like he's lifted some weights now and again...... Trey Galloway - Inside the Hall | Indiana Hoosiers Basketball News,  Recruiting and Analysis

Does this guy look more physically imposing than Gibson to you? Because he doesn't to me - quite the same, actually, just a bit tanner.  

48 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

ahhhhh......yeah......because they often go together......

This guy is an NBA Hall of Famer whose number is retired by the Celtics.  He didn't seem too physically imposing wearing the Billiken jersey, but he sure was effective.

SBUnfurled (@SBUnfurled) / Twitter

28 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

This guy is an NBA Hall of Famer whose number is retired by the Celtics.  He didn't seem too physically imposing wearing the Billiken jersey, but he sure was effective.

SBUnfurled (@SBUnfurled) / Twitter

in the 50's he could've probably played DB for a college football team with that physique.......WAY different times....

Also he probably wasn't beaten to a pulp or pawed at or grabbed or shoved like Gibson.......all that was probably a foul in the 50's.....

Per his Instagram, Zhang is currently on a flight to Atlanta.

I assume he's heading back to The Skill Factory, which is in Georgia. Regardless, given that he went back to China and we weren't sure of his status, this is a promising development.

36 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I assume he's heading back to The Skill Factory, which is in Georgia. Regardless, given that he went back to China and we weren't sure of his status, this is a promising development.

He's already graduated if I recall correctly.....

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Good info - I guess he had to test negative for Covid to get in.

21 hours ago, dlarry said:

november-9-2021-saint-louis-billikens-gu 

That’s about as similar as you can get.

This picture is also from November of 2021 against Central Arkansas, I think Gibby is much stronger looking now than he was a year(+) ago. FWIW the roster lists him as 5 pounds heavier now than then (200->205#) but I think it's a greater difference than that. He especially looks bigger in his legs. 

More importantly, I still think they look the same size in those pictures. The biggest difference is that Trey is tanner, which we all know makes muscle definition more visible.