Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

I'm pretty pumped about Medley. Hopefully, coach Ford can turn this season around and keep his job so Medley doesn't leave. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is a gross overreaction, I'm not sure where it's coming from and it feels disrespectful. Dude came in as a 3 point gunner and nothing else. He's turned himself into a 3 level scorer and held down the fort last year as a go to. He was supposed to get a reprieve this year with perkins coming back but Perkins hasn't been himself.

Jimerson’s defense was pretty darn good early in the season. Teams were playing Perkins as if he was going to come back and be consistently ELITE. Perkins is not the same, Gibson has to be a go to again, teams let off Perkins and now Gibson has to work even more on offense, causing his defensive effort to lack. Gibson doesn’t have the athleticism or defensive awareness to be tired on defense.

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is a gross overreaction, I'm not sure where it's coming from and it feels disrespectful. Dude came in as a 3 point gunner and nothing else. He's turned himself into a 3 level scorer and held down the fort last year as a go to. He was supposed to get a reprieve this year with perkins coming back but Perkins hasn't been himself.

Jimerson’s defense was pretty darn good early in the season. Teams were playing Perkins as if he was going to come back and be consistently ELITE. Perkins is not the same, Gibson has to be a go to again, teams let off Perkins and now Gibson has to work even more on offense, causing his defensive effort to lack. Gibson doesn’t have the athleticism or defensive awareness to be tired on defense.

I was saying this in the context of Bills by 40's post saying Gibson will likely be gone after this year.  No disrespect.  He's a great kid. Other than not often being a clutch shooter and missing the rim a bunch on long range shot at the moment and running around like a spastic gazelle on ice and sometimes getting lit up on defense he'd be perfect.  

All jokes aside, after this year, I want to see Hughes and Thames and Medley, not Gibson.  I will be there to cheer like hell for him on senior night which will hopefully be this year.....  

I really am interested in the 3 recruits..

Don't know how good they will be , but I see Brock bringing in toughness and maybe that stretch 4 we have be hoping for. 

Bruce a legitimate 7 footer

BUT Cian is the one I am really excited about..maybe the most anticipated recruit for me since Larry Legend or Goodwin .. He just seems like he is ready to come to SLU. He is playing on a big time team, with Bigtime players, so he doesn't have to have to spotlight.

18 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

If Gibson chooses to play another year college basketball at a place other than st louis he will have lots of options, if he wants to play another year in st louis he will be welcomed

I can see him fitting in very well at an Iowa or Wisconsin type school. They always seem to have a bunch of shooters, and Jimerson is much more effective when the other team can’t key on him as the main scorer. 

with that said, he will have to greatly improve his defense if he wants a chance at major minutes at a higher level. 

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I can see him fitting in very well at an Iowa or Wisconsin type school. They always seem to have a bunch of shooters, and Jimerson is much more effective when the other team can’t key on him as the main scorer. 

with that said, he will have to greatly improve his defense if he wants a chance at major minutes at a higher level. 

his defense is not as poor as most think, defense is as much how a team play as it is individual skill, being in the right position etc. gj is an asset to this team

@BLIKNS--- didn't Miles Reynolds play with a couple of big time recruits at his Chicago high school?  That turned out well, eh?  Are you saying Husak, Manning, Loe, Vouyoukous, Gillmann and some others (some an inch short of the magic seven feet) were not legitimate? How do you define "legitimate?"  

@dennis_w --- I think the Jimerson family would love to see Gibson finish in the Richmond area.  A sentiment I've heard  expressed by his grandmother and uncle.  He has his degree.  Or the Wharton School at Penn is a lot closer as well.  Uva.  VaTech.  UMd.  VCU.  Georgetown.  Lots of mid-Atlantic options.  With a degree in hand, I think he's gone.  

Perkins, Thatch, Okoro, Forrester, Pickett are all gone.  I've thrown in Collins and Jimerson in other half-empty posts.  That's a lot of unknowns and freshmen we will be depending on next year.

6 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@BLIKNS--- didn't Miles Reynolds play with a couple of big time recruits at his Chicago high school?  That turned out well, eh?  Are you saying Husak, Manning, Loe, Vouyoukous, Gillmann and some others (some an inch short of the magic seven feet) were not legitimate? How do you define "legitimate?"  

@dennis_w --- I think the Jimerson family would love to see Gibson finish in the Richmond area.  A sentiment I've heard  expressed by his grandmother and uncle.  He has his degree.  Or the Wharton School at Penn is a lot closer as well.  Uva.  VaTech.  UMd.  VCU.  Georgetown.  Lots of mid-Atlantic options.  With a degree in hand, I think he's gone.  

Perkins, Thatch, Okoro, Forrester, Pickett are all gone.  I've thrown in Collins and Jimerson in other half-empty posts.  That's a lot of unknowns and freshmen we will be depending on next year.

First of all, "legitimate 7-footer" is defined as someone who is legitimately 7' tall. Not 6'11". 

As for the Jimerson comment, I can assure you that MBM's repeatedly counting him out of next year's team only increases the odds that he is in fact not on next year's team. Same for Yuri. Let's stop counting our chickens before they hatch. 

gabriel likes this

12 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

--- I think the Jimerson family would love to see Gibson finish in the Richmond area.  A sentiment I've heard  expressed by his grandmother and uncle.  He has his degree.  Or the Wharton School at Penn is a lot closer as well.  Uva.  VaTech.  UMd.  VCU.  Georgetown.  Lots of mid-Atlantic options.  With a degree in hand, I think he's gone.  

Good Luck and godspeed to him!  I just do not see him in the Big 10, the ACC, or Big East without an extra 30 lbs of muscle.  Of course it would ensure a massive career high score if he transferred to VCU and played against the Billikens.....   

3 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Good Luck and godspeed to him!  I just do not see him in the Big 10, the ACC, or Big East without an extra 30 lbs of muscle.  Of course it would ensure a massive career high score if he transferred to VCU and played against the Billikens.....   

He doesn't need to gain much weight - if any- regardless of conference unless he actually plans on playing in the NBA.  

Curious as to what magical transformation occurs when a person rises up to that 84th inch passing the 83rd inch mark?  So guys with 'seven-foot wingspans" must be ignored in this context as well?  Can you be a legitimate seven-footer and not have a seven-foot wingspan?  He asked peeking up from the sand .....

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Curious as to what magical transformation occurs when a person rises up to that 84th inch passing the 83rd inch mark?  So guys with 'seven-foot wingspans" must be ignored in this context as well?  Can you be a legitimate seven-footer and not have a seven-foot wingspan?  He asked peeking up from the sand .....

By that logic Kevin McHale was not a legitimate 7 footer. He did have a wingspan over 8 feet though.

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I was saying this in the context of Bills by 40's post saying Gibson will likely be gone after this year.  No disrespect.  He's a great kid. Other than not often being a clutch shooter and missing the rim a bunch on long range shot at the moment and running around like a spastic gazelle on ice and sometimes getting lit up on defense he'd be perfect.  

All jokes aside, after this year, I want to see Hughes and Thames and Medley, not Gibson.  I will be there to cheer like hell for him on senior night which will hopefully be this year.....  

Yeah let's not ask the guy shooting between 35-45% from 3 in his career to come back. That really seems like a good idea....

JMM28, Bills By 40 and Zink like this

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

his defense is not as poor as most think, defense is as much how a team play as it is individual skill, being in the right position etc. gj is an asset to this team

All I know is I see him repeatedly targeted, and subsequently torched, by the other team on a regular basis, often to the point where he has to be removed from the game.  As does Perkins. 

Anyone who WANTS Jimerson to leave is being silly.  I think many of us are just being realistic about it, though.  It seems pretty clear that Yuri was convinced to come back for “one last ride” on what everyone thought would be a very good team along with Jimerson, Thatch, and Perkins.  Unfortunately that ride has been steered directly off a cliff.  

Jimerson was high scorer Saturday, so he must not be completely worthless.   I also checked and amazed after reading this thread that he is the team's leading scorer for the season.   Who'd have thought.

bauman likes this