Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

College body ready....we've had great fortune with football/basketball combos.

I hope we're underestimating the value of Zhang because of the lack of info and video on him. He looked real good in what I have seen, hopefully that holds true and we have a terrorizing backcourt for 4 years led by an SLU/NBA dynasty and a PG that led one of the best HS teams in the country. All with a senior Hargrove for the leadership and freak athleticism? 

I guess I'm forgetting the potential of Sincere Parker starting in that lineup, but I don't know who he'd replace. I think he'd likely be a 25-30 MPG guy off the bench if Hargrove stays. All this is assuming that Jimerson doesn't, though I sure hope he does.   

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

I hope we're underestimating the value of Zhang because of the lack of info and video on him. He looked real good in what I have seen, hopefully that holds true and we have a terrorizing backcourt for 4 years led by an SLU/NBA dynasty and a PG that led one of the best HS teams in the country. All with a senior Hargrove for the leadership and freak athleticism? 

I guess I'm forgetting the potential of Sincere Parker starting in that lineup, but I don't know who he'd replace. I think he'd likely be a 25-30 MPG guy off the bench if Hargrove stays. All this is assuming that Jimerson doesn't, though I sure hope he does.   

The radio silence on Zhang has been interesting. I'm not even worrying about him until he gets here.

brianstl likes this

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The radio silence on Zhang has been interesting. I'm not even worrying about him until he gets here.

The US didn't tell Japan we had nuclear bombs either. 

Edit: Turns out Japan WAS warned, but not until it was probably already too late. You get my point though.

Edited by Bills By 40
Further research

15 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Take your pick who Parker would replace - Perkins, Gibby, Thatch to start with.

20 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Take your pick who Parker would replace - Perkins, Gibby, Thatch to start with.

We're talking about next year, Perkins and Thatch both have to be gone. Gibby already graduated, I'd be surprised (but thrilled) to see him return.  

45 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

He had over 400 yards and 10 touchdowns as a TE/WR on a highly competitive football team. I love a multi-sport athlete and I'd say the Billikens do too - the last two football/basketball guys worked out pretty well don't ya think? 

I'm big on the potential of a Cian/LHj/THj/Vice/Zhang lineup, has a lot of potential there. 

39 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

After further consideration what feels more likely (from day 1) is an LHj/Sincere/THj/Vice/Zhang lineup with heavy minutes from Cian for either of those in the backcourt. Maybe Momo plays over Zhang but I hope Zhang comes in as a starting-caliber player from day 1 and Momo plays heavy minutes with Zhang at the 5. 

Cian could fill minutes at the 1 or 2, Kramer at the 2 or 3, and Thames at the (2?) 3 or 4. Vice could play the 4 or 5 and might surprise us with the ability to play the three, though I don't see that happening logistically because then we'd need two guys above him in the frontcourt and a lineup with Vice, Zhang, and Momo. 

6 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

After further consideration what feels more likely (from day 1) is an LHj/Sincere/THj/Vice/Zhang lineup with heavy minutes from Cian for either of those in the backcourt. Maybe Momo plays over Zhang but I hope Zhang comes in as a starting-caliber player from day 1 and Momo plays heavy minutes with Zhang at the 5. 

Cian could fill minutes at the 1 or 2, Kramer at the 2 or 3, and Thames at the (2?) 3 or 4. Vice could play the 4 or 5 and might surprise us with the ability to play the three, though I don't see that happening logistically because then we'd need two guys above him in the frontcourt and a lineup with Vice, Zhang, and Momo. 

Portal. 

RUBillsFan and slufanskip like this

Just remember, all of you on the Fire Ford bandwagon, if Ford goes, some or all of these recruits may decide to pursue other offers. 

I don't get attached to any recruits, freshmen or transfers, until school starts this fall, the player is on campus, and has laced up his shoes for practice. 

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

I haven’t seen a single thing on Zhang from Skill Factory or elsewhere since he signed? Is he even in the US anymore?    Can’t remember the last time there was this little information on a recruit, even the international ones.  Think I had seen a tweet that he was back in China playing with the youth squad of a pro team there, but now I can’t find it, so who know if that’s true….

I’m with 05 in that I’m expecting very little from Zhang until it’s confirmed he’s on campus next year. 

25 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I haven’t seen a single thing on Zhang from Skill Factory or elsewhere since he signed? Is he even in the US anymore?    Can’t remember the last time there was this little information on a recruit, even the international ones.  Think I had seen a tweet that he was back in China playing with the youth squad of a pro team there, but now I can’t find it, so who know if that’s true….

I’m with 05 in that I’m expecting very little from Zhang until it’s confirmed he’s on campus next year. 

Ya he is playing in china 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

no, couldn't find a thing. 

Would’ve been nice to see him active on the prep circuit to get a better little idea of where he’s at. 

Let’s pretend he’s just so good that Travis sent him back to China so he didn’t explode on the prep circuit and get poached by a blue blood.

4 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

We're talking about next year, Perkins and Thatch both have to be gone. Gibby already graduated, I'd be surprised (but thrilled) to see him return.  

Gibson has gotten more minutes and been beaten up by the opposition worse than any player in my 30 plus years of watching

you would have thought Thatch or someone else who is tough would have taken his defender out. I am from the ESide and would like to see Hargrove set a pick that puts a dirty defender on his back. 

Gibson will stay to prove out his talent if he gets some help- no coach in the country would give him the minutes Ford does.

57 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Would’ve been nice to see him active on the prep circuit to get a better little idea of where he’s at. 

Let’s pretend he’s just so good that Travis sent him back to China so he didn’t explode on the prep circuit and get poached by a blue blood.

I don't know how much bball is being played in China right now. They are having their most dangerous COVID outbreak yet right now. It may be hard to get verifiable information out of there for the foreseeable future.

23 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I will be surprised if Bruce ever sets foot on the SLU campus again. 

Does seem to be the most likely result.