WVBilliken

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Interesting.

On a completely unrelated topic, I think it would be nice to bring the "bad post" option back.

As long as we’re not shallow and pedantic with it, I’m all in on the bad post feature.

Welcome Cian and Brock!  

Cian plays on extremely high level teams in HS and AAU.  His skills level sounds like Yuri 2.0.  "Cian is used to winning, having been the leader of one of the top high school and AAU programs in America the last few years," Ford said. "He has a great feel for the game and really enjoys making everyone around him better".

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/11/9/mens-basketball-cian-medley-inks-with-billikens.aspx

Found this in Brock's write-up, seems that he has to be "an athlete" to play the wide receiver position at such a high level. ..... "Vice is a wide receiver on Houston's football team, which is one of the top teams in the Memphis area and currently in the playoffs. He leads the Mustangs in receptions and touchdowns. Vice was recently named a first-team All-Region wide receiver, as selected by the Region 8-6A head coaches".

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/11/9/mens-basketball-brock-vice-signs-with-billikens.aspx

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Nesbitt averaged 26 minutes per game and was a poor shooter (39%). Pickett is a major upgrade.

Always felt Nesbitt was an inconsistent version of pickett. Not that they are the exact same player, but similar enough 

14 hours ago, wgstl said:

Always felt Nesbitt was an inconsistent version of pickett. Not that they are the exact same player, but similar enough 

I don’t see that comp. Nesbitt is more like a Jimmy McKinney type in my mind (although Nesbitt is taller than Jimmy), a lot of physical ability, but not quite sure what position he is. Can be dynamic, but you never know what you are going to get game to game. Pickett is much more of a glue guy and Ford knows what he is going to get from him game in and game out as far consistent play (maybe not the stats, but going to know the scout and be sound defensively). Nesbitt was certainly a local recruit I was really curious to see how he turned out because I just didn’t know (Mario McKinney being another), but candidly one like Gordon I wanted to watch from afar.

6 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I don’t see that comp. Nesbitt is more like a Jimmy McKinney type in my mind (although Nesbitt is taller than Jimmy), a lot of physical ability, but not quite sure what position he is. Can be dynamic, but you never know what you are going to get game to game. Pickett is much more of a glue guy and Ford knows what he is going to get from him game in and game out as far consistent play (maybe not the stats, but going to know the scout and be sound defensively). Nesbitt was certainly a local recruit I was really curious to see how he turned out because I just didn’t know (Mario McKinney being another), but candidly one like Gordon I wanted to watch from afar.

I mean as to what they did for us - as my comp. Good defender, good rebounder, can guard a few positions. Not a great 3 point shooter, and also good slasher. That said pickett does those things more consistently 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Good article, thank you for posting WVBilliken. Interesting that the author reports Vice as 6-11 now & averaging a double-double. And in a different article he said SLU recruited him because of his moves around the basket and his ability to shoot the three. What’s intriguing is iSLU next year may pair a 7-1 center, Zhang, and a 6-11 power forward, Vice. 

8 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Excellent story. Looking forward to seeing Mr. Vice in Billiken Blue. 

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Excellent story. Looking forward to seeing Mr. Vice in Billiken Blue. 

Mr. Vice sounds like a caporegime in a low budget mafia movie and I think we need NIL material to cover that.

20 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Vice is the first frosh big I've been excited about since French

He had over 400 yards and 10 touchdowns as a TE/WR on a highly competitive football team. I love a multi-sport athlete and I'd say the Billikens do too - the last two football/basketball guys worked out pretty well don't ya think? 

I'm big on the potential of a Cian/LHj/THj/Vice/Zhang lineup, has a lot of potential there. 

2 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

He had over 400 yards and 10 touchdowns as a TE/WR on a highly competitive football team. I love a multi-sport athlete and I'd say the Billikens do too - the last two football/basketball guys worked out pretty well don't ya think? 

I'm big on the potential of a Cian/LHj/THj/Vice/Zhang lineup, has a lot of potential there. 

College body ready....we've had great fortune with football/basketball combos.