OT World Cup Roster

HoosierPal

Late afternoon Coach Berhalter will announce his 26 man World Cup Roster.  Early rumors have St. Louis connected Josh Sargent and Tim Ream on the squad.  Just read on CBS where Steffan won't be selected. 

For the one or two of you who are interested, the squad will be announced live at 4 pm on ESPN2 and ESPN+.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Late afternoon Coach Berhalter will announce his 26 man World Cup Roster.  Early rumors have St. Louis connected Josh Sargent and Tim Ream on the squad.  Just read on CBS where Steffan won't be selected. 

For the one or two of you who are interested, the squad will be announced live at 4 pm on ESPN2 and ESPN+.

The leaked roster that had Sargent and Ream also had Steffen. It will be interesting to see which of the reports is accurate. 

Steffen out is truly shocking based on Berhalter usually selecting him as GK1 when healthy.  He’s been playing for Middlesbrough.  I’m not upset though, as I prefer both Turner and Horvath to him. Don’t see why Steffen couldn’t be third GK over S Johnson… unless they think Steffen serving as a backup might disrupt the squad. 

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

If previous roster releases are any indication, we probably won’t get much reasoning.  

about to say this. 

Maybe the injury from September is still giving Zach fits. 

USMNT World Cup squad

• Goalkeepers (3): Matt Turner, Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson.
  • Defenders (9): Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sergiño Dest, Aaron Long, Shaq Moore, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Joe Scally, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman.
  • Midfielders (7): Brenden Aaronson, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Luca de la Torre, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Cristian Roldan.
  • Forwards (7): Jesús Ferreira, Jordan Morris, Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna, Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, Haji Wright.

Make this roster make sense…  GGG calls in Pepi for crucial World Cup qualifiers when he hasn’t scored for 7 months, then when he scores 7 times in one month, he leaves him off?   I get bringing Wright… it’s a surprise, but we don’t really have another target forward. But then leave Morris at home instead of Pepi.  Gregg really did Pepi dirty here. Gotta feel for the kid. 

Won’t even complain about Aaron Long being on the roster since it was 100% a lock. 

Tillman leak ended up being false. Would’ve rather seen him than Roldan.  Pretty obvious that there’s still an MLS quota for the national team, and it’s pretty despicable if you ask me.  

13 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Very happy for Tim Ream, well deserved selection. He’s been a stud for Fulham this year. 

Definitely, I don’t think anyone would’ve said Ream had a shot 6 months ago, but his form for Fulham, along with being A. Robinson’s left sided defense partner, really boosted his chances.  He’s really playing some of the best soccer of his life. Add in that our CB depth is non-existent, and Ream is a really good choice for the roster. 

stmdragons likes this

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Tillman leak ended up being false. Would’ve rather seen him than Roldan.  Pretty obvious that there’s still an MLS quota for the national team, and it’s pretty despicable if you ask me.  

Wow, conspiracy theory....when did you make this up?  Is GM McBride behind this?  Is there a secret handshake to get into the conspiracy group?

Convince me.

13 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, conspiracy theory....when did you make this up?  Is GM McBride behind this?  Is there a secret handshake to get into the conspiracy group?

Convince me.

Anyone that’s watched US Soccer for any length of time can see that this happens.  Explain S. Johnson over Steffen, or Roldan or Morris over literally anyone.  It defies any logic.  If the evidence of extreme MLS bias hasn’t already convinced you, I won’t be able to. 

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Anyone that’s watched US Soccer for any length of time can see that this happens.  Explain S. Johnson over Steffen, or Roldan or Morris over literally anyone.  It defies any logic.  If the evidence of extreme MLS bias hasn’t already convinced you, I won’t be able to. 

I agree there is extreme MLS bias in selecting the team. I still want to know the secret handshake….

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Is that it?  That’s your basis of a conspiracy?

So did GM McBride tell Berhalter to insure he had 34.62% of his roster MLS based? Berhalter’s job is at stake. He isn’t part of any conspiracy except to win in the Group and make it into the knockout rounds. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Is that it?  That’s your basis of a conspiracy?

So did GM McBride tell Berhalter to insure he had 34.62% of his roster MLS based? Berhalter’s job is at stake. He isn’t part of any conspiracy except to win in the Group and make it into the knockout rounds. 

Not that I care about convincing you of anything, but previous coaches have all but confirmed that there is an MLS quota. You can call it an “organization-mandated MLS bias” if that’s easier to swallow.  Obviously the evidence is all circumstantial, overwhelming as it is. When is US Soccer ever going to put something like that in writing? They’d be signing their own death certificate. 

Let me guess… You probably also think Berhalter, a Swedish 2nd division reject, was hired based on merit?  Didn’t have anything to do with his brother being a US Soccer exec?

42 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not that I care about convincing you of anything, but previous coaches have all but confirmed that there is an MLS quota. You can call it an “organization-mandated MLS bias” if that’s easier to swallow.  Obviously the evidence is all circumstantial, overwhelming as it is. When is US Soccer ever going to put something like that in writing? They’d be signing their own death certificate. 

Let me guess… You probably also think Berhalter, a Swedish 2nd division reject, was hired based on merit?  Didn’t have anything to do with his brother being a US Soccer exec?

*Blue font* (can't change text color on my phone I don't think)

Aren't you the same guy who thinks the A10/ refs conspire against the Billikens due to location? Maybe you're just a conspiracy theorist.

Lol

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

*Blue font* (can't change text color on my phone I don't think)

Aren't you the same guy who thinks the A10/ refs conspire against the Billikens due to location? Maybe you're just a conspiracy theorist.

Lol

Nah, A10 refs are just trash in general. 

52 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Now you are just trying to be funny.  I will admit you gave me a good chuckle with this. 

One more question. Is this a World wide conspiracy. There are more MLS players on foreign rosters than on the US roster?