GDT: Home Opener vs Murray State

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm assuming Kramer was hurt/ill.  I see no other reason he wouldn't have been in for the final 1+ minutes.  Hargrove easily comes out.  (Or maybe already in Coach's doghouse?)

It seems like there's usually one higher-level player on the floor during mop-up time, I imagine to provide some leadership and stability. I could be wrong.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm assuming Kramer was hurt/ill.  I see no other reason he wouldn't have been in for the final 1+ minutes.  Hargrove easily comes out.  (Or maybe already in Coach's doghouse?)

There were reports of illnesses before the game, I think this is the most likely explanation.  

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

pickens reminded me of evans.   i am mildly surprised about his play.   i saw him a number of times in high school, but it was always versus EJ Liddell so he always came out the loser.   then he had the "im going to illinois"   no "i am going to miSSouri" two step thing and played in a horrible Mi$$ouri period.   so why would anyone expect much?   he showed last night he is good and will be a huge key to our success this year. 

forrester is really a nice player.   but i still think he isnt going to be as good as Okoro once the season gets going.   i wonder how effective they would be together.   even if for only short periods?   but since we really have no other inside, probably best to use like we used them last night.  

gotta like jimerson.  now he is slam dunking back doors!  and you gotta love his fearlessness from the outside.   put it up!  as Jimmy Chitwood says in Hoosiers, "i'll make it."  bam he got another one.

i may be one of the only mbm here to watch a good deal of mizzou last year, it is no surprise to me what pickett brought last night. i was very excited when i heard he was going to be a billiken

almaman and BIG BILL FAN like this

3 hours ago, dennis_w said:

i may be one of the only mbm here to watch a good deal of mizzou last year, it is no surprise to me what pickett brought last night. i was very excited when i heard he was going to be a billiken

Pickett looks good, but it seemed obvious that Thatch should get more minutes, even at his expense. I also would be interested in seeing Thatch and Picket at the 4-5 for stretches during games. I bet it would work.

6 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Pickett looks good, but it seemed obvious that Thatch should get more minutes, even at his expense. I also would be interested in seeing Thatch and Picket at the 4-5 for stretches during games. I bet it would work.

i think they have some differences in their roles and both will get plenty of minutes

10 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I don't know 13/13 looked pretty good to me.  Thatch got good minutes also.

Bills By 40 and CBFan like this

Seems to me this team appears talented enough to have multiple guys go off on any given night.  You have the constants in Perk's scoring, Gibby's threes and Yuri's assists.  Pickett's double/double, Forrester's inside play, Thatch's relentlessness, Parker's promise, and Okoro's inside strength all make for interesting potentials.  And I didn't even touch on Hargrove.

I saw a slow start overcome by an onslaught of options.  If we play Spoonball and just outscore the other team, who can match us right now.  Sure, it's only one game.  Who on the schedule can force us to grind it out?  Maybe Memphis.  Maybe Auburn.  Maybe someone at the Mohegan Sun.  Who in the A10?  Dayton might be up to the task on defense but I don't see many others.  But it's early.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Pickett's rebounding and extra height versus Fred will keep him getting big minutes.  Fred will get his as well but their roles are somewhat different for the team.

Great game last night.  Perk was definitely favoring that leg, but amazing to see him back. Just sucks we have some serious contenders up soon and he doesn’t have a little more time to heal.

picket is just a big utility knife out there. Perfect for this team.

with all the spacing and not having to press, Yuri can do point guard things and nobody does point guard things better than yuri.

forrester was impressive too. We will need him against Dayton and bigger teams.

the defense will be much softer than the bully ball era, but if we can make key stops and rebound the sky’s the limit for this team.

largest crowd I’ve seen at chaifetz that wasn’t considered a “big game”.  Hopefully We keep winning and more people keep coming.

go bills!!

slu72 likes this

7 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Great game last night.  Perk was definitely favoring that leg, but amazing to see him back. Just sucks we have some serious contenders up soon and he doesn’t have a little more time to heal.

picket is just a big utility knife out there. Perfect for this team.

with all the spacing and not having to press, Yuri can do point guard things and nobody does point guard things better than yuri.

forrester was impressive too. We will need him against Dayton and bigger teams.

the defense will be much softer than the bully ball era, but if we can make key stops and rebound the sky’s the limit for this team.

largest crowd I’ve seen at chaifetz that wasn’t considered a “big game”.  Hopefully We keep winning and more people keep coming.

go bills!!

as much as i enjoyed bully ball, there just wasnt enough shooters on those teams, i will take the shooters any time

10 hours ago, willie said:

Several people have said Perkins was favoring his ankle. Not sure I agree. He  has always had kind of a funny stride . Not sure you are seeing anything unusual. 

i tend to agree with you, he may not be 100%, but pretty close. Perkins is deceptively quick because he has such a long stride and covers more ground than it appears.

BilliesBy40 likes this

11 hours ago, willie said:

Several people have said Perkins was favoring his ankle. Not sure I agree. He  has always had kind of a funny stride . Not sure you are seeing anything unusual. 

I thought he favored it at times, but you are correct as he always has had a unique stride. He never looks like he’s going fast either. In fact sometimes he appears downright slow as he glides past his defender

16 hours ago, willie said:

Totally, agree.  Even when he's perfectly healthy, I always thought it looked like he's wearing ice skates out there, until he makes a move with the ball.  Then he somehow transitions to perfectly smooth.

16 hours ago, almaman said:

he may be 70% but his shot seems the same. smooth  as ever.

My seat was on the baseline & it seemed his shots from there on both sides faded to either side of the rim - maybe shooting from either side of the front helps his depth perception. However I’m not suggesting he should give up that baseline shot yet 🤔