GDT: Home Opener vs Murray State

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuri walked off with no limp and apparently is finished for the night.

Overall impression; we could be special. Good bench with guys like Thatch(especially), Forrester, Sincere, and TJ. Pickett was a great Pickup. And Yurimania w/ 14 assts and 0 TOS. They looked in control from about the 6 min mark going forward. Also, I think Murray St will beat some good teams in the MVC. Best opening game I’ve seen in a while and a good loud crowd. Pass me the Blue Kool Aid. 

SLUMedBilliken15 and Zink like this

Back from the game. We won 91-68, an advantage of 23 points in SLU's favor. Nice, and well over the Vegas line, we should gain some in the standings.

A number of issues were clarified for good tonight. Perkins played and did a really nice job. There is no doubt left in my mind about his full recovery from the injury. I think all of you who believed he would be just as good as a two years ago were entirely correct, he actually played tonight like he did prior to his injury. He will help the Bills this year a lot.

One guy did not play, although he was in uniform, Nick Kramer. No idea why.

Ferguson was very good he scored 7, had 7 rebounds, and 2 assists. Okoro had 13 rebounds but only 3 pts, 1 assist and 2 TOs. Collins and Jimerson did as well as expected. There was a tense time in the game when Collins hurt his leg/ankle and was taken to the back, but he came back quickly enough to continue playing.

Picket was great, good defense, fast, good shooting, plays a great combo with Okoro.

After watching this game I rest reassured that may have a good season after all, and that we can indeed make the NCAA tournament this year.

Nice night, lots of people in there, including a lot of children and a high volume of noise. It was a nice game and a good win. Now onto the next one.