The Bills over MSU by 12

The Wiz

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Coach should know by now we Bills fans are incurable fatalists. You bring up  health issues and right away we assume the whole team has contracted some terminal illness. Jeesh. 

The whole team has a terminal illness? OMG. That pretty much assures a losing season.

bauman likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Coach should know by now we Bills fans are incurable fatalists. You bring up  health issues and right away we assume the whole team has contracted some terminal illness. Jeesh. 

Most Billiken fans are waiting for the sky to fall at any moment.

Today has started as a really good day… so.. I’m feeling great for tonight. I’ve been waiting and waiting for today to come and shoot, it’s only lunch. 

Tonka likes this

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Mexican ice cubes again? Damn that stuff. 

Slu 72, I have not mentioned Mexican ice cubes this season, and fail to see how SLU could or should want to import Mexican ice cubes for the use of the team just prior to the first game.

39 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Slu 72, I have not mentioned Mexican ice cubes this season, and fail to see how SLU could or should want to import Mexican ice cubes for the use of the team just prior to the first game.

Gotta keep the Gatorade cold somehow, OG

The Wrap

A good game....not a perfect game but a good one. Crowd 7253...very nice for a Mon  night

As for the 12 pt spread...use that as a measuring stick...  10-14 and we are on target. Above 14 and we are looking good....Looking good.  Not just because we exceeded the margin but because scoring margin is important.  I know there are a lot of NET followers on the board  ( myself included) and there will be much discussion down the road about quadrants , SOS etc but I am telling you the single most important factor in the NET formula is scoring margin and a 23 pt win is good against anyone and better if it is against a better team. This is a significant win if not an important win.

Target slash...50/40/70...Actual  47/32/69..Fell a little short on the 3s...here is what 2 more 3s would have done to the slash....50/39/69...Almost a direct hit on the target slash...so we were close tonight.

Burns is the key player with 6.3 rebs /gm and is a 58% shooter from the field. Contain him and we win....We did and we did....13% (6pts) and 6 rebs...nice.

Some other highlights...MSU protected the ball well with only 10 TOs BUT the Bills had a great TO number of 9...keep that up and it will be a great year.

Top scorers...Perkins and Jimerson...21 and 20 ...what you were expecting but still nice when it happens.

Pickett won the 13 pool with 13 pts AND 13 rebs...completing  the trifecta was was Okoro who also had 13 rebs.

And let's not forget Yuri ...an excellent 14 assts with no TOs...looking good

Key stat difference maker...Rebs....not only did we have an amazing 48 rebs but we had +14 on rebs ..we dominated the boards which led to the extra 11 pts on top of the spread.

Bottom line...14 reb advantage plus 9 TOs coupled with average shooting or better will be a winner on most nights...regardless of the opponent. I have a good feeling the computer will like this game.

It was a good game and MSU tried hard to get ahead until close to the end. However one game is a beginning, now we need to continue repeating the same high scores above the Vegas line to enter the ranks of the elite. Something that has not been achieved since Majerus was coach.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

It was a good game and MSU tried hard to get ahead until close to the end. However one game is a beginning, now we need to continue repeating the same high scores above the Vegas line to enter the ranks of the elite. Something that has not been achieved since Majerus was coach.

Jim Crews had a Top 10 team in 2014.  

7 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

Life is a terminal illness.  While we do not know when we will die, we do know for sure that when we woke up this morning that we were one day closer to our ultimate demise.

I did a double take. Thought for sure OG wrote that.