SLU vs Bradley

Westy03

2 hours ago, Westy03 said:

Stu tweeted that SLU beat Bradley in overtime in the secret scrimmage. Not sure what that means. 

I take it to mean that's all the info he has about the scrimmage.  It means nothing without context.  How long did the starters play?  Is Perkins still sidelined as a precaution?  Did the freshmen play a lot of minutes?  We don't know the answer to any of those questions.

14 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I take it to mean that's all the info he has about to scrimmage.  It means nothing without context.  How long did the starters play? Is Perkins still sidelined as a precaution. Did the freshmen play a lot of minutes?  We don't know the answer to any of those questions.

If it was a secret scrimmage, is Stu now on double-secret probation for reporting it? So many questions…

43 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

After watching the UMSL game and learning this game went to overtime, I'm a bit worried that I may have set my expectations too high for this season... Hope I am wrong...

Perspective - a scrimmage is for doing things that you are working on and getting others into the flow.  Don't read too much into any preseason stuff.  

1 hour ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

After watching the UMSL game and learning this game went to overtime, I'm a bit worried that I may have set my expectations too high for this season... Hope I am wrong...

I’m kind of the other way. In years past my expectations have been to high because of 50 point beat downs to the Sam Houston Institute of Technology and Texas State Armadillos of the world. 
I’ve learned to put about nothing into these games.

3 hours ago, dlarry said:

I’m kind of the other way. In years past my expectations have been to high because of 50 point beat downs to the Sam Houston Institute of Technology and Texas State Armadillos of the world. 
I’ve learned to put about nothing into these games.

Can’t put much stock into the beatdown of teams such as the Fighting Slide Rules of Sam Houston Institute of Technology, a school often referred to as S.H.I.T. They’ve been known to play crappy basketball as their program is generally in the toilet.

CenHudDude and dlarry like this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Can’t put much stock into the beatdown of teams such as the Fighting Slide Rules of Sam Houston Institute of Technology, a school often referred to as S.H.I.T. They’ve been known to play crappy basketball as their program is generally in the toilet.

That is an unfortunate name for the school.

From a Bradley forum:  https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sports-forums/basketball-fan-talk/503444-2022-23-bradley-schedule/page6

I have learned a couple more details about Bradley's secret scrimmage at St. Louis from source with connections to the team.
It was played as a regular game, two twenty minute halves and the overtime
Bradley lost on a buzzer beater three, but only played bench players in the overtime.