Jimmy Bell Update

ACE

I always liked Jimmy Bell and didn't like seeing him leave. The fact that he lost all that weight when he came to SLU showed a lot of dedication to getting better. He was a big man, 300+, and to get down to his playing weight at SLU, it could not have been an easy task to lay off the desert bar. But he did it. Also, at times he showed some athleticism. I am not surprised he's the penciled in starter at WVU. Best of luck to you, Jimmy Bell, you've worked hard to achieve your goals. 

I liked Jimmy as well but he seemed a proto=typical old school 5 man.  I am curious to see how he adapts to the Huggy Bear game plan.  Frankly, I don't thin too well but show me up JBJ.

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I liked Jimmy as well but he seemed a proto=typical old school 5 man.  I am curious to see how he adapts to the Huggy Bear game plan.  Frankly, I don't thin too well but show me up JBJ.

should see him on the tube. they're on all the time it seems.

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

Dropping 70 pounds doesn't sound all that healthy to me but I also don't have 70 pounds to lose. Maybe it's how quickly he dropped it. But don't get me wrong I wish him nothing but the best, it's impossible to not like JBJ

I'll be watching and rooting as much as I can. 

7 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Dropping 70 pounds doesn't sound all that healthy to me but I also don't have 70 pounds to lose. Maybe it's how quickly he dropped it. But don't get me wrong I wish him nothing but the best, it's impossible to not like JBJ

He reportedly dropped 100 pounds in some time period before he played for us. So he's no stranger to getting it done. I don't know, but perhaps he put back on some of what he earlier lost.

And yeah, I too am a fan. He seems to work hard and give it his best.

2 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

He reportedly dropped 100 pounds in some time period before he played for us. So he's no stranger to getting it done. I don't know, but perhaps he put back on some of what he earlier lost.

I saw him a bit last year when I was looking at Sincere Parker highlights and it looked like he had regained a lot of weight.

44 minutes ago, ACE said:

I saw him a bit last year when I was looking at Sincere Parker highlights and it looked like he had regained a lot of weight.

I saw him in person at the STLCC game and he most definitely put it back on. I'm sure when you're as big as he is it's hard to keep it off

2 hours ago, White Pelican said:

if he could lose n gain a bit quicker can be 2 sport guy :)

2 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-I saw the same thing, takes some fortitude to shed that much weight again

And from my POV it takes a lot of lack of self-control or will power to put it back on again, but that's not my place to say as a lifelong skinny guy.