Media A10 Preseason Predictions

HoosierPal

24 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have to disagree.  I think everyone comes in with this preconceived bias against Ford's coaching.  Guys heard that Ford could recruit, but couldn't coach before he got here, and it affects their opinions.

The reality is that we were second in the A-10 in scoring in 2020-21.  We were first in the A-10 in scoring in 2021-22.  You can't get any better than 1st.  Being the best team in your league in scoring doesn't happen just because you bring in talented guys.  It cannot happen without a good game plan and your players knowing what they are trying to accomplish on offense.  To me, the results do not equate to "where Ford falters is on offense."

-not me, I've seen six seasons and have developed my own thoughts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have to disagree.  I think everyone comes in with this preconceived bias against Ford's coaching.  Guys heard that Ford could recruit, but couldn't coach before he got here, and it affects their opinions.

The reality is that we were second in the A-10 in scoring in 2020-21.  We were first in the A-10 in scoring in 2021-22.  You can't get any better than 1st.  Being the best team in your league in scoring doesn't happen just because you bring in talented guys.  It cannot happen without a good game plan and your players knowing what they are trying to accomplish on offense.  To me, the results do not equate to "where Ford falters is on offense."

There's also a preconceived notion that good offenses are highly structured ones instead of the ones that put the most points on the board. 

cgeldmacher likes this

3 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-not me, I've seen six seasons and have developed my own thoughts

I've developed my own thoughts on Ford too. He is one heck of a coach. (I'm pretty sure I have seen the same 6 seasons)

Not many coaches could bring a program from a ranking of >250 to 4 years of consistently being ranked around #50. I'm not sure what people were hoping for with that hire, but I don't think many coaches could have done what Ford has done. I would consider Ford a great coach and a huge success. 

image.thumb.png.2295d95bbff03be527d50dcd7ce96ae9.png

14 hours ago, Old guy said:

Why don't we agree that every one of us has, over the last few seasons, developed his/her own opinion about Coach Ford and leave it at that. The truth is that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, period.

Did you just suggest that us MBMs agree on something? You've been here long enough to know what a crazy idea that is. 

dennis_w likes this

6 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Did you just suggest that us MBMs agree on something? You've been here long enough to know what a crazy idea that is. 

I have not.  Haven't even thought about Ford once in my life. 

The A-10 should be a darn good conference again.  Loyola really adds to the top half which should help.  The A-10's biggest problem is the top half is as good as anyone and the bottom half isn't so great.  One upset/slip up really kills teams looking for a bid.  

1 minute ago, TJHawk said:

The A-10 should be a darn good conference again.  Loyola really adds to the top half which should help.  The A-10's biggest problem is the top half is as good as anyone and the bottom half isn't so great.  One upset/slip up really kills teams looking for a bid.  

There also seems to always be at least one team that craps the bed in OOC (cough, Davidson), only to suddenly turn it on in the league, ruining everyone’s NET