OT. NiL question

BLIKNS

Can the person who dresses as the school mascot get a NIL deal??? 

I would think no, but they do represent the school , same with the athletes.   

I think that the person who is the St. Joe's Hawk gets a scholarship 

11 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

In all seriousness and not to be a jerk here, but about half of your question doesn't really make sense. I don't know how prevalent the mascot in NCAA sanctioned cheer competitions. If they aren't, then their scholarship operates outside of NCAA jurisdiction, which means it really doesn't matter what they do. They can have a Furry Kink Only Fans account if the school allows it. If they are under NCAA jurisdiction, NIL applies to all Student Athletes. So yes they could get NIL money.

To clarify:

The Billiken doesn't compete in NCAA Cheer, his scholarship and ability to make money off the Billiken solely falls on whether SLU approves it: think wedding or birthday appearances.

The KState Wildcat or ASU Sun Devil does compete in NCAA Cheer competition, I believe that would be a situation where NIL Rules would apply.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe they can have an NIL deal, In theory really any student can have an NIL deal. The beer mug boy for the bonnies had an NIL deal with T shirts. I dont know all the details besides hearing he got a % of the money from the T shirts sold. From the outside looking in, it seemed to me he was just a student at every Bonnies game wearing a beer mug hat.

Just now, Young Charles said:

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe they can have an NIL deal, In theory really any student can have an NIL deal. The beer mug boy for the bonnies had an NIL deal with T shirts. I dont know all the details besides hearing he got a % of the money from the T shirts sold. From the outside looking in, it seemed to me he was just a student at every Bonnies game wearing a beer mug hat.

The fact that Beer dude refers to it as NIL is an indictment on Bonaventure as an academic institution. Regular students don't get NIL deals, they are just "sponsored"...

After Young Charles response,  I think the cheerleader at Indiana( who got the ball off the backboard) received a NIL deal

Isn't the mascot's name, image and likeness contractually linked to the institution itself?  Without the school's costume, the kid inside it has nothing to market.

I met a guy who was the SJU Hawk.  And then he told me his kid was doing it as well.  He said it was a full ride scholarship and it's not just one kid in a given year.  Too many events.