St Mary’s Closing

SLU_Lax

Also know some people who work as admins  at DB, they were sorta told to get ready for a closure or sorta about 5ish months ago, wonder how this impacts them. From the same people, they had assumed they would do some sort of merger with st Mary’s. 

When they closed Trinity/Rosary their sports were at ridiculous levels never before seen.  Winning multiple state titles across the board.

It is a shame.  Some of these schools were affordable alternatives for families to keep kids out of mismanaged public districts.  

BilliesBy40 and brianstl like this

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

When they closed Trinity/Rosary their sports were at ridiculous levels never before seen.  Winning multiple state titles across the board.

It is a shame.  Some of these schools were affordable alternatives for families to keep kids out of mismanaged public districts.  

As a Rosary grad, I can tell you that the building was an un-airconditioned, ugly, dump in the 1980s.  Was I glad to go there as opposed to Hazelwood East?  Yes, but the infrastructure wasn't great and ultimately the enrollment wasn't there.  If they couldn't keep Kennedy Highschool in Manchester open, what chance did Rosary have?

AGB91 likes this

Without getting too deep into specifics, this is far from a done deal at this point. We will know one way or the other by the end of this semester, but there is reason for cautious optimism that we'll survive this. If there are any alumni on this board that want to help, feel free to send me a PM. 

brianstl and 3star_recruit like this

23 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I dunno, my kids seem to be getting a pretty good education at the public schools they attend.

I am happy you found a good school for your kids, many don’t have that option. Shouldn’t parents have the right to choose? The average guy cannot afford school taxes and school tuition, so he has to take what he can afford 

AlumniFan likes this

44 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I am happy you found a good school for your kids, many don’t have that option. Shouldn’t parents have the right to choose? The average guy cannot afford school taxes and school tuition, so he has to take what he can afford 

and let's not forget the below average guy who can't even afford to pay for lunch that fill the substandard schools that are that way because their has been a long history of folks against public schools & they've spent all their effort since Brown vs B of E fighting that funding.

rgbilliken and BilliesBy40 like this

2 hours ago, almaman said:

and let's not forget the below average guy who can't even afford to pay for lunch that fill the substandard schools that are that way because their has been a long history of folks against public schools & they've spent all their effort since Brown vs B of E fighting that funding.

give the poor guy a voucher and let him go to the school of his choice, the tax man comes ready to evict a man who cant pay his school tax, i suppose he deserves it

16 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I dunno, my kids seem to be getting a pretty good education at the public schools they attend.

and if you like that public school you could still use your voucher to attend such.   the whole point to the vouchers is you get to choose who gets your tax dollars and adds a little bit of competition to the schools to have to provide a quality education not just a "have to" choice because of where the parents reside.

HenryB likes this

14 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Can’t they go to the all state high school choir competition or something?

the "sister act" movies are good entertainment.