Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After this month Goodwin should be their starting point guard.   There is no advantage to Morris over Goodwin.   Jordan is a leader that apparently is inspiring the team to truly be a team.  These days that's rare for the NBA.  

rgbilliken, HenryB, Fraz and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

After this month Goodwin should be their starting point guard.   There is no advantage to Morris over Goodwin.   Jordan is a leader that apparently is inspiring the team to truly be a team.  These days that's rare for the NBA.  

There is something to be said about playing against the other teams second unit. , Let’s enjoy his success and get that contract. 

11 hours ago, willie said:

There is something to be said about playing against the other teams second unit. , Let’s enjoy his success and get that contract. 

According to this website, https://hoopshype.com/salaries/washington_wizards/, Jordan's two way has a value of $508,891 and he has a Qualifying Offer for next season of $1,761,752.

A qualifying offer is designed to give a player’s current team the right of first refusal. Because the qualifying offer acts as the first formal contract offer a free agent receives, his team then has the option to match any offer sheet the player signs with another club.

35 minutes ago, willie said:

He’s closed out the last 3 games against opponents best players.  Not sure this point holds true anymore 

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

According to this website, https://hoopshype.com/salaries/washington_wizards/, Jordan's two way has a value of $508,891 and he has a Qualifying Offer for next season of $1 761,752.

A qualifying offer is designed to give a player’s current team the right of first refusal. Because the qualifying offer acts as the first formal contract offer a free agent receives, his team then has the option to match any offer sheet the player signs with another club.

Hallelujah, time for celebration has come if this is accurate. The hard work has paid off.

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

Hallelujah, time for celebration has come if this is accurate. The hard work has paid off.

I could be wrong here, but I believe none of the money on Goodwin's contract is guaranteed at this point.  Wizards could cut him tomorrow (not likely to happen) & wouldn't owe him anything.  He needs to stay healthy & continue showing out.

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I could be wrong here, but I believe none of the money on Goodwin's contract is guaranteed at this point.  Wizards could cut him tomorrow (not likely to happen) & wouldn't owe him anything.  He needs to stay healthy & continue showing out.

I know that you were not suggesting that he would get cut, but ff he got cut tomorrow, there would be a backlash amongst Wizards fans and another team would ****** him up.

19 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Funny, the word I used above that gets automatically asterisked over is s-n-a-t-c-h.  Thought that was a word that could be used very benignly and in appropriate context.

You're obviously referring to women's genitalia/reproductive organs and not a common, everyday verb, lol. What an odd censor.

38 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I know that you were not suggesting that he would get cut, but ff he got cut tomorrow, there would be a backlash amongst Wizards fans and another team would ****** him up.

With or without the word, your post is correct. I think JG is being watched by other teams and may be offered a position if the Wizards do not.

I don’t see Unseld (or Beal) allowing them to let Goodwin go.  What’s their record since he’s started playing big minutes?  They’ve currently won 4 in a row against some decent teams, and they’ve been without Beal for all of them. 

They look so much better with J Good in the game.  He just does so many things right. 

billiken_roy likes this

The Wizards fans are very enthused about Goodwin and the role he has played in this winning streak. The discussions on bulletsforever website make it clear that the fans intensely distrust the management of their team to make good decisions, so they are torn between giving them credit for finding Goodwin and saying why did it take so long to give him a chance. They are assuming Goodwin is not just on the team to stay, but he needs to stay part of the rotation when Beal returns. Incidentally, there is much dislike of Beal, who has been out on Covid protocol during the entire winning streak.

Two-way contracts allow only 50 game appearances at NBA level, and no playoff games, so if Goodwin stays with the Wizards and keeps playing he will need to have his contract converted to full rookie contract by the spring. Wizards would need to trade or release one of the 15 players already with a guaranteed contract.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

23 minutes ago, NYBilliken said:

The Wizards fans are very enthused about Goodwin and the role he has played in this winning streak. The discussions on bulletsforever website make it clear that the fans intensely distrust the management of their team to make good decisions, so they are torn between giving them credit for finding Goodwin and saying why did it take so long to give him a chance. They are assuming Goodwin is not just on the team to stay, but he needs to stay part of the rotation when Beal returns. Incidentally, there is much dislike of Beal, who has been out on Covid protocol during the entire winning streak.

Two-way contracts allow only 50 game appearances at NBA level, and no playoff games, so if Goodwin stays with the Wizards and keeps playing he will need to have his contract converted to full rookie contract by the spring. Wizards would need to trade or release one of the 15 players already with a guaranteed contract.

What you are saying is that this is a poorly managed team with a problem called J. Goodwin in their hands. The problem they have is how to cover their rear ends and at the same time do something with Goodwin that will make them look good. I think Goodwin should start sending feelers to other teams just in case.

40 minutes ago, Old guy said:

What you are saying is that this is a poorly managed team with a problem called J. Goodwin in their hands. The problem they have is how to cover their rear ends and at the same time do something with Goodwin that will make them look good. I think Goodwin should start sending feelers to other teams just in case.

Yes, that's a good way to put it - but Goodwin is a good problem to have unlike their lottery pick, Johnny Davis, who is considered not ready to play at nba level despite 4.8 million dollar contract.

1 hour ago, NYBilliken said:

Yes, that's a good way to put it - but Goodwin is a good problem to have unlike their lottery pick, Johnny Davis, who is considered not ready to play at nba level despite 4.8 million dollar contract.

I am aware of that, and the imbecile that decided to choose him and pay him that amount of money is sweating bullets thinking how he is going to justify the disaster, and how he is going to wiggle his way to come out of this situation looking good. Corporate games, the eternal turkeys and weasels game, who is going to carry the blame?

On 11/14/2022 at 3:53 AM, billiken_roy said:

These days everyone is his own leader :) But it's still good to have a leader on the team.

Hi everyone.