Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

23 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Will the Wizards tank this season, with the prize being a better shot at Victor Wembanya.  Wemby is being labeled as a once in multiple generation talent. 

For the Wiz (Go Wiz), Hachimura, Porzingis and Kuzma all have outs after this season.  Dumping them at or before the trade deadline could improve the Wiz's chances of winning the lottery.

What does that have to do with Goodwin?  Perhaps more playing time as the team might be more interested in developing potential younger talent than losing with the vets.  Don't know.  Four players on their roster are 30+ years old.  Do you continue running them out on the floor and lose, or do you run the younger squad out and lose?

I'd imagine that Bradley Beal drives that decision.  Beal so far has been loyal to DC.  If he requests a trade, it'll be full tank mode.  If not, Wiz will want to keep him happy & try to be competitive.  There are at least 5 teams that are already in full tank mode (Houston, OKC, San Antonio, Detroit, and Orlando) with others likely joining them.  

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'd imagine that Bradley Beal drives that decision.  Beal so far has been loyal to DC.  If he requests a trade, it'll be full tank mode.  If not, Wiz will want to keep him happy & try to be competitive.  There are at least 5 teams that are already in full tank mode (Houston, OKC, San Antonio, Detroit, and Orlando) with others likely joining them.  

That could well be. The highest I have seen Washington predicted is fighting for a Play In spot.  The problem with tanking is that even if you have the worst record in the League, your odds are 14% that you will get the #1 pick.  That % is the same for the worst three teams.  Of course, the projected #2 pick, Scott Henderson is reportedly pretty good too. But he is not Wemby.

Scooter is a nice consolation prize.  He'll be a top 5 guy in the league in his prime.  

The Wizards have had the opportunity to tank for several season and have not taken it.  I doubt they will do it now.  Absolute worst run franchise in the NBA.  Beal is well regarded locally but in the NBA he is not.  Big numbers on bad teams, not much of a leader.  Isn't clutch, typically defers.  On a good team he is a 3rd option but he won't accept that role.  This generation's Mitch Richmond.  Wizards should have not have maxed him out and should have traded him for more value.  As a top player he is maxing out as a low seed in the playoffs. 

Goodwin has a solid chance at PT for this team.  They are very flawed and perimeter defense is nearly zero.  He can carve out a spot as a defensive stopper playing with 2 of the other offense only guys on the perimeter.

BilliesBy40 likes this

I got nba league pass just for the wizards. I was cheering for the wiz so much in the 4th just so we had garbage time.  Goodwin passed up an open 3 and yielded to the wiz first rounder (who stinks btw).

things going just about as good as can for Goodwin and the wiz right now. 

9 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I got nba league pass just for the wizards. I was cheering for the wiz so much in the 4th just so we had garbage time.  Goodwin passed up an open 3 and yielded to the wiz first rounder (who stinks btw).

things going just about as good as can for Goodwin and the wiz right now. 

I’ve been watching them a lot too. Porzingis was a great pickup for them. He’s not what he used to be, but he’s hard to guard with his ability to step out, and is effective defensively simply because of his height.  7’3” guys with his skill set don’t grow on trees. Surprised NY and Dallas gave up on him so quickly. 

17 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

Wizards are on ESPN tonight, at home vs. 1-4 Pacers. Discussion here by fans that Goodwin will get playing time tonight instead of the first-round draft pick. https://www.bulletsforever.com/2022/10/27/23426984/delon-wright-washington-wizards-hamstring-injury-nba

NextYearBill likes this

The wizards are in the mode of trying to make their drafted guys look like they were not dreadful draft picks.  Too bad they are.  Davis drafted in front of Memphis Duren alone should have everyone fired.  I honestly think a group of college basketball fans could form a better personnel department than the Wiz. 

Torch, Pistol and I would never have drafted Davis/Deni/Rui, any of these scrubs.  

Goodwin outplaying Deni and Davis by a large margin probably will result in him getting less minutes in that cover-your-ass-personnel department.  Can't have the G-League guy looking better than our top ten pick.  

Johnny Davis had 3 fouls in 3 mins and looks like he does not belong on a basketball court.  I have never seen anything like it.  I need to go back and re-watch Wisconsin games from last year.  

Goodwin better play minutes again tonight.  For some reason I do not think he will.

dlarry likes this