Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

laker, dont get me wrong, i would love to see them playing together.   imo there is no reason goodwin cant play 10 minutes at point guard and give beal 10 minutes rest as well.  i have never found a comment on the internet about this, but it appears to me that goodwin is solely being used as beal's backup.  

there's a reason washington isnt a good team.   they have been mismanaged for years.  no reason to stop now.  

the focus should be on getting a top draft choice they can fu again.  btw, how's their top pick last year doing?  anyone know?

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

laker, dont get me wrong, i would love to see them playing together.   imo there is no reason goodwin cant play 10 minutes at point guard and give beal 10 minutes rest as well.  i have never found a comment on the internet about this, but it appears to me that goodwin is solely being used as beal's backup.  

there's a reason washington isnt a good team.   they have been mismanaged for years.  no reason to stop now.  

the focus should be on getting a top draft choice they can fu again.  btw, how's their top pick last year doing?  anyone know?

Johnny Davis, #1 pick, has spent a lot of time in the G league, now is on the Wizards roster, played 30 min on 3/26, 15 pts,, 4 Rebs.  
Yannick Nzosa, #2 pick, played in Spain this past year with his team, Wizards retain his rights, could be on the Wizards next season. 

12 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

4th of April 2023:

28 minutes, 14 points (6-16, 2-4), 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 block. Pretty sure he started. 

He along with Johnny Davis did start.  The Wiz have been eliminated from the playoffs, so they, like others in the same situation, are on 'cruise control' seeing what their young players can bring.  

Today the Wizards, Pacers and Magic are all tied at 34-45 for 6th place in the reverse order.  Ping pong balls are the current focus.

yes jordan goodwin did start last night.   i will note that morris and beal are both listed as injured thus probably between 60 and 70 minutes of floor time opened up.  still with the opportunity, he once again proved he can play.   especially impressed with the assists last night.  

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

yes jordan goodwin did start last night.   i will note that morris and beal are both listed as injured thus probably between 60 and 70 minutes of floor time opened up.  still with the opportunity, he once again proved he can play.   especially impressed with the assists last night.  

He had the least worse + - on the starters.  

20 minutes ago, willie said:

hahahahahahahaha   shows how worthless the wiz have gotten.  i would think unseld's job is hanging by a thread and will be revisited within hours of the end of the season.   i really stuggled understanding how goodwin was used this year when he more than proved he was worthy of second team minutes.   

i guess we should be happy jordan at least got a real contract and is playing in the big leagues.   

willie and Schasz like this

5 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

He along with Johnny Davis did start.  The Wiz have been eliminated from the playoffs, so they, like others in the same situation, are on 'cruise control' seeing what their young players can bring.  

Today the Wizard

s, Pacers and Magic are all tied at 34-45 for 6th place in the reverse order.  Ping pong balls are the current focus.

4 hours ago, willie said:

JGood has always been a team player.  He knows what the organization wants right now.  🤣

On a serious note, single game + / - numbers are pretty much meaningless.  His "worst" +/- last night says just as much about his performance as when he was putting up team high +/- numbers off the bench during games earlier in the season.

6 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

I have faith in the ability of Washington’s management to trade him away at some point and not get anywhere near the value they could get out of the deal. Just a matter of time

Trade?  Goodwin is on a team friendly partially guaranteed contract for next year.  Depending on roster moves over the summer they can just cut ties.  Then he'll have to try and catch on with another team and compete for a roster spot.

5 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Trade?  Goodwin is on a team friendly partially guaranteed contract for next year.  Depending on roster moves over the summer they can just cut ties.  Then he'll have to try and catch on with another team and compete for a roster spot.

All that is true, but again, we’re talking about the Washington Wizards here, their management can find a way to turn wine into muddy water no matter what.

https://twitter.com/washwizards/status/1644762623215370242?s=46

If you are a Jordan Goodwin fan this is a must watch video. He describes his path from the G League to his full contract, talks about his big brother Bradley Beal, and shows off his new son. 

5 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

If you are a Jordan Goodwin fan this is a must watch video. He describes his path from the G League to his full contract, talks about his big brother Bradley Beal, and shows off his new son. 

I love that someone replying says to sit him because they need to lose desperately, lol.

6 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

That was excellent. Well done, JGood!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Wizards have dismissed Team President and GM Tommy Sheppard.

Shepard had assured people at the end of the season that Wes Unseld Jr would remain the Coach next season but with Sheppard now gone that may not be the case.

Porzingis and Kuzma are Free Agents.  Beal is in the middle of a bloated 250 million boondoggle of a contract.

The Wizards would be smart to tank all the way and completely rebuild.  If that was the case future PT at least for next season would almost be assured for Jordan Goodwin.

3 hours ago, thetorch said:

Shepard had assured people at the end of the season that Wes Unseld Jr would remain the Coach next season but with Sheppard now gone that may not be the case.

Porzingis and Kuzma are Free Agents.  Beal is in the middle of a bloated 250 million boondoggle of a contract.

The Wizards would be smart to tank all the way and completely rebuild.  If that was the case future PT at least for next season would almost be assured for Jordan Goodwin.

The Wizards being smart would be a huge break from their past management style. I think the new GM will want a new coach of his choosing. I sincerely hope that you’re right and Jordan Goodwin gets plenty of playing time next year. 

17 hours ago, thetorch said:

Goodwin's contract is partially guaranteed next year.  If they decide to tank and go full rebuild the new staff would bring in players of their choosing.  Goodwin would get an opportunity to compete but tanking wouldn't necessarily guarantee him minutes.