Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

12 hours ago, brianstl said:

Tonight’s Wizards Kings game has the Kings up 71-60 at halftime.  Goodwin hasn’t played.  The Wizards might want to get Goodwin in their for some D.

Ended up with 8 points in just 5 minutes of play (2-3 3PT). +8. 

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Goodwin is definitely an impact player and they need to recognize that. 

How in the heck is Jordan hitting almost 37% of his threes in the NBA?  The NBA 3 point line is significantly longer than the NCAA (except in the corners of the court).  The guy must have worked his tail off improving his shot!

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

How in the heck is Jordan hitting almost 37% of his threes in the NBA?  The NBA 3 point line is significantly longer than the NCAA (except in the corners of the court).  The guy must have worked his tail off improving his shot!

He was always a hustler with us, dude worked his tail off to be one of the best of the Bills in the 21st century, so it makes sense to me!

12 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

NBA level shooting coaches and the time to practice 40+ hours a week.

Add that to one of the best work ethics in the game and you see the results! 

22 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Or maybe somebody actually coached and developed his shot.   Off season player development.....what a novel concept

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Or maybe somebody actually coached and developed his shot.   Off season player development.....what a novel concept

Goodwin’s 3pt% went up every year he was at SLU

36 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i coached a lot of kids, some of them dont listen

As hard as he worked, I don’t think this applies to Jordan. It’s not like we’re talking about Carte’Are. 

Littlebill likes this

you could be correct, i spotted correctable flaws in jg shot in about of minute of watching him, i am sure the coaches saw it too, did the coaches not tell him of did he not listen? i dont know. but the narrative seems to be that ford cant or wont coach on every topic and he knows nothing about coaching, that is a rather stupid position, he has flaws but he is not without assets

4 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

you could be correct, i spotted correctable flaws in jg shot in about of minute of watching him, i am sure the coaches saw it too, did the coaches not tell him of did he not listen? i dont know. but the narrative seems to be that ford cant or wont coach on every topic and he knows nothing about coaching, that is a rather stupid position, he has flaws but he is not without assets

I’ve been critical of Ford but I think his player development should be praised. As I mentioned above, JGood improved his shooting every season. We’ve seen guys like Jimerson round out their games and Okoro significantly improved from the FT line when he got here. I think the only guy that really stands out as never developing is French and that was probably all psychological 

13 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

No that’s the narrative you want to see.

What actually is being said by 99% of the people who want to move on from Ford is that’s he did a good job of getting the Bills out of the gutter but has plateaued and the Bills can do better. 

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

What actually is being said by 99% of the people who want to move on from Ford is that’s he did a good job of getting the Bills out of the gutter but has plateaued and the Bills can do better. 

Ford will never be Jim Crews. Not even Uncle Brad.

I see a coach that is at no risk of being poached by another team. That's a problem. I see a coach with no real promising tree of upcoming future HCs after him. That's a problem.

When we watched good coaches like RM.. look at his coaching tree. Torch is right about that, at least. Problem is what we have now isn't making that happen from what I see.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

you need to read some of the posts, never set screens, dont coach players up, no in game coaching etc, you and i are reading different things apparently. 

On topic I really miss Goodwin. Goodwin & French were by far the best duo of Travis' era. That was refreshing after finally getting out of the Jim Crewsplatt(failed Army combo) Gutter of Failure - May that time never be forgotten.

9 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

you need to read some of the posts, never set screens, dont coach players up, no in game coaching etc, you and i are reading different things apparently. 

I guess so. That’s ok. No biggie, we just see the criticism in different ways.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:48 AM, WVBilliken said:

All credit to JGood. But it still leaves me wondering if VCU, Davidson, Dayton, and Bonnies (especially in JGood's day) actually presented tougher defenses, contesting more shots, than the likes of today's Pistons, Pacers, Hawks, Hornets, and Magic.

43 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Excited to be able to watch J Good in person tonight against Tatum and the Celtics.  As a St. Louisan, I can’t think of a better NBA game to watch in person.  If only Brad Beal was healthy….

FYI, since Jordan signed the real contract, if beal CC plays Jordan rarely plays.   If beals out he gets about 20 min per game