Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Three" year contract.  It's really a deal for the rest of this season, partially guaranteed for next season, and a team option for the 24/25 season.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/02/wizards-plan-to-sign-jordan-goodwin-to-standard-contract.html

I'm happy for Goodwin that he's getting paid.  I'm not thrilled that he's under Wizards control for 2 more season after this and his money is only partially guaranteed.  That being said, because the Wizards kind of suck the opportunity is there for playing time.  If Goodwin shows out during this deal as a valuable rotation piece, he'll be in line for a nice deal in free agency entering what will be his age 27 season.

I think this deal also means Goodwin will qualify for a full pension assuming he plays in 1 game next season.  Players need to play in a game in 3 separate seasons to be eligible for the full NBA pension.

-I found this pretty cool: Goodwin has appeared in 40 games (four starts) with the Wizards on a two-way contract this season, averaging 6.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.0 steals per game. The second-year guard from Saint Louis has notched at least two steals in 10 games this season, including a five-steal effort on December 9 and six-steal game on December 10, becoming the first Wizard player to record back-to-back games with five-plus steals since Larry Hughes in 2005. Goodwin netted a career-high 19 points with his five steals, four rebounds and three assists in 34 minutes from off the bench on December 9 at Indiana. 

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

"Three" year contract.  It's really a deal for the rest of this season, partially guaranteed for next season, and a team option for the 24/25 season.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/02/wizards-plan-to-sign-jordan-goodwin-to-standard-contract.html

I'm happy for Goodwin that he's getting paid.  I'm not thrilled that he's under Wizards control for 2 more season after this and his money is only partially guaranteed.  That being said, because the Wizards kind of suck the opportunity is there for playing time.  If Goodwin shows out during this deal as a valuable rotation piece, he'll be in line for a nice deal in free agency entering what will be his age 27 season.

I think this deal also means Goodwin will qualify for a full pension assuming he plays in 1 game next season.  Players need to play in a game in 3 separate seasons to be eligible for the full NBA pension.

Yea - these details are important to me too.  How much is guaranteed money?

Throwing the team option on year 3 just strikes me as annoying.  Wizards front office loves to make sure they take advantage of every bit of leverage they have with Jordan's contract, but when it comes to fringe top 25 players like Beal, they will give him 280M guaranteed with a full no trade clause acting like he is LeBron.

Man the wizards are the worst franchise in the NBA.  

All that said, at least they didnt just ghost Jordan.  I was mildly concerned.  

• thetorch changed the title to Jordan Goodwin Is Now An NBA Player
9 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

that's wonderful if true. so he got no points last year but first year of 3 for qualification more important. this year is 2, pretty remote chances that he doesn't get one game in next year. :)

St Louis to Wizards pipeline keeps chugging :).

12 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

All that said, at least they didnt just ghost Jordan.  I was mildly concerned.  

My mom got me a custom Goodwin Wizards jersey for Christmas and it hasn't even arrived yet. I was worried I was gonna have to swap it for a different team!

BJK likes this

In the 2 games (both Wizards Wins) since the new contract, JGood is making solid contributions. 

If you combine the 2 games:

30 minutes total

11 points

+/- = +13

6 rebs

5 assists

2 steals

2 Turnovers

It's fun having a Billiken in the league again for the foreseeable future!

rgbilliken and brianstl like this

• 3 weeks later...