Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Goodwin is not the problem, the problem is what to do with their draft pick that is not performing.

Johnny Davis has played in 5 Wiz games. He is currently playing for the Capital City Go-Go's.  

Evaluating a player's career and calling him a problem based on his first 5 games is a little premature. The NBA season is 82 games long.   

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Johnny Davis has played in 5 Wiz games. He is currently playing for the Capital City Go-Go's.  

Evaluating a player's career and calling him a problem based on his first 5 games is a little premature. The NBA season is 82 games long.   

JOHNNY DAVIS SUCKS!

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

It is a reasonable expectation that the number 10 overall pick in the draft should be capable of playing from day 1, barring injury. And there has been no mention of injury to Johnny Davis.

1 minute ago, Matty Light said:

Say a prayer for J Good. His teammate fell back into his knee on a rebound late in the game. Goodwin walked to the locker room under his own power but it looked pretty nasty.

It looked like a hyperextended knee.  It bent the wrong way.  Need @Old guyto find the video and give us his full analysis 

**ducks

If JG indeed hyperextended a the knee where it can be easily seen in a video bending forward a good degree, there more likely are significant problems with the patella, and all kinds of ligaments. The knee can hyperextend without major problems for a few degrees, not sure how much but perhaps up to 10 degrees and come out reasonably OK. There are people, me included, that have a congenital minor knee hyperextension which is normal.

This is an NBA basketball team, the level of orthopedic care available there is much higher than what normal people get. Let's see what happens and whether needs surgery or not. Prayer is in order.

CenHudDude likes this

Had that happen once while playing but without ligament damage. Can say that the discomfort made walking difficult for about a week but it eased off and was back to normal after that. Hope JGood has the same or better fortune.

3 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Thanks Gabriel. I looked at it several times. JG came from behind and the injury looked to me like it happened after the other player's initial impact upon the floor. It seemed to me that the other player hit the court with his butt as JG approached and impacted JG's knee with his torso (as part of the fall). It does not look to me like JG broke the fall of the other guy with his knee. It looks to me that the primary force of the impact was probably absorbed by the other player's butt. However, the impact upon the knee may still have been considerable.  I cannot be sure how much of a hyperextension happened. If it happened at all, it happened very rapidly. I could not see it in the video, but this does not mean significant hyperextension and damage did not happen. JG was left on the court with his knee pointing backwards, in the correct direction, not forwards as far as I can see in the video.

That is all I can say from the video. I am pretty sure that whoever was in the back checked the knee, made a preliminary diagnosis and applied measures to stabilize it overnight. This morning they will do enough tests to determine the severity of the injury and how to deal with it. The knee is likely to be swollen by now.

DC has more academic medical centers and medical research centers than most cities. He will be tested, the diagnosis will be firmed and a therapy plan made, probably today. We have to wait.

CenHudDude likes this

9 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Thanks Gabriel. I looked at it several times. JG came from behind and the injury looked to me like it happened after the other player's initial impact upon the floor. It seemed to me that the other player hit the court with his butt as JG approached and impacted JG's knee with his torso (as part of the fall). It does not look to me like JG broke the fall of the other guy with his knee. It looks to me that the primary force of the impact was probably absorbed by the other player's butt. However, the impact upon the knee may still have been considerable.  I cannot be sure how much of a hyperextension happened. If it happened at all, it happened very rapidly. I could not see it in the video, but this does not mean significant hyperextension and damage did not happen. JG was left on the court with his knee pointing backwards, in the correct direction, not forwards as far as I can see in the video.

That is all I can say from the video. I am pretty sure that whoever was in the back checked the knee, made a preliminary diagnosis and applied measures to stabilize it overnight. This morning they will do enough tests to determine the severity of the injury and how to deal with it. The knee is likely to be swollen by now.

DC has more academic medical centers and medical research centers than most cities. He will be tested, the diagnosis will be firmed and a therapy plan made, probably today. We have to wait.

Appreciate the analysis. Hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Major ostrich energy for me over here. No chance I'm watching it. 😬

Ostrich energy is, I assume, used to bury your head in the sand. Not a great way to deal with bad stuff coming your way.

Gabriel, I watched the video again several times. The impact upon JG had enough energy to throw him into a cartwheel. I really cannot see the knee that was hit clearly enough, it may not be the one bending down normally but the other one lying flat in the court. Sorry, I do not see the impact or the hyperextension well enough. My comments apply regardless, there was an impact to one of his knees. It was a significant impact. The knee was checked, a presumptive diagnosis made and the knee stabilized last night, and now we are waiting for word from the Hospital/Dr.

laker119 likes this

On 11/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, Lord Elrond said:

It is a reasonable expectation that the number 10 overall pick in the draft should be capable of playing from day 1, barring injury. And there has been no mention of injury to Johnny Davis.

Davis has had a nagging ankle injury since the summer.  Still he sucks and the pick was one of the worst in years.

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Not bad news.

Not serious is good. I once suffered a hyperextended knee from a skiing fall. Hurt like crazy for about two weeks and needed crutches. Would think a young strong athlete like JGood won’t take as long as a 40 year old out of shape desk jockey to heal up. Get well, JGood, you make us proud.