Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

10 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

The wizards are in the mode of trying to make their drafted guys look like they were not dreadful draft picks.  Too bad they are.  Davis drafted in front of Memphis Duren alone should have everyone fired.  I honestly think a group of college basketball fans could form a better personnel department than the Wiz. 

Torch, Pistol and I would never have drafted Davis/Deni/Rui, any of these scrubs.  

Goodwin outplaying Deni and Davis by a large margin probably will result in him getting less minutes in that cover-your-ass-personnel department.  Can't have the G-League guy looking better than our top ten pick.  

Johnny Davis had 3 fouls in 3 mins and looks like he does not belong on a basketball court.  I have never seen anything like it.  I need to go back and re-watch Wisconsin games from last year.  

Goodwin better play minutes again tonight.  For some reason I do not think he will.

you were correct. Goodwin DNP.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CYA is a technique that has been used and continues to be used by corporate employees everywhere. A professional basketball team is a corporation and there is absolutely no reason to expect its employees would do otherwise. Goodwin should probably be trying to discreetly check other teams or to be discovered somehow by other teams.

20 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Goodwin outplaying Deni and Davis by a large margin probably will result in him getting less minutes in that cover-your-ass-personnel department.  Can't have the G-League guy looking better than our top ten pick.  

This makes no sense to me. Play with the hot hand, play to win(?) Championships mean more than draft picks performing/underperforming lol.

I do think perspective is important - if johnny davis played for SLU last year and took over cbb by a storm then we would be clamoring for him to get more of a shot to succeed at the next level than a few bad minutes in the first few games. I don't think it's a bad move by the wizards to try to give confidence and playing time to their top pick.

I think time will tell and goodwin will get his shot as the season progresses and injuries occur. 

All Goodwin can do is make the most of his minutes in the games he gets in. Every other team in the NBA is seeing what he does, and if he keeps performing some other team will take a chance on him. In the minutes he’s played, he seems like he belongs in the NBA.

3 hours ago, gabriel said:

I do think perspective is important - if johnny davis played for SLU last year and took over cbb by a storm then we would be clamoring for him to get more of a shot to succeed at the next level than a few bad minutes in the first few games. I don't think it's a bad move by the wizards to try to give confidence and playing time to their top pick.

I think time will tell and goodwin will get his shot as the season progresses and injuries occur. 

Davis was the worst player in the entire summer league, the worst player on the floor in preseason, and the worst player on the court during any mop up time he has gotten so far.  The perspective is he sux. ha.

Another L last night for the Wiz.  The foundation is already starting to crack 7 games in.  

35 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Davis was the worst player in the entire summer league, the worst player on the floor in preseason, and the worst player on the court during any mop up time he has gotten so far.  The perspective is he sux. ha.

Another L last night for the Wiz.  The foundation is already starting to crack 7 games in.  

He played 3 games in the summer league and 4 off the bench in the preseason.

I don’t think it’s crazy that an nba team continues to give their lottery pick pick, who won the Lute Olsen award in college, more of a runway that.

Goodwin will get his time, but I think selling all of your Johnny Davis stock right now is misguided.

slufanskip and HoosierPal like this

57 minutes ago, gabriel said:

He played 3 games in the summer league and 4 off the bench in the preseason.

I don’t think it’s crazy that an nba team continues to give their lottery pick pick, who won the Lute Olsen award in college, more of a runway that.

Goodwin will get his time, but I think selling all of your Johnny Davis stock right now is misguided.

Everything you said is spot on.  However, we're cheering for Jordan to succeed.  So, for now, we are going to take the Johnny Davis sucks view in the hopes that it results in Jordan getting more chance to show what he can do, even if that opinion is somewhat irrational.

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Everything you said is spot on.  However, we're cheering for Jordan to succeed.  So, for now, we are going to take the Johnny Davis sucks view in the hopes that it results in Jordan getting more chance to show what he can do, even if that opinion is somewhat irrational.

Just information, Davis is currently working through minor knee tendonitis issues.  He has been DNP'd once or twice to give the knee a rest. 

Partial OT:  Goodwin DNP in tonight's Wiz Win

However, St. Joe's Jordan Hall saw his initial action for the Spurs tonight, 17 min, 3 points, 2 assists and 2 TO.  Glad to see another A10 product enroll in the NBA history book.  He is on a Two Way with the Spurs.

The G League play start this weekend.  Many Two Way's will see time in the G League to keep their game sharp.

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Partial OT:  Goodwin DNP in tonight's Wiz Win

However, St. Joe's Jordan Hall saw his initial action for the Spurs tonight, 17 min, 3 points, 2 assists and 2 TO.  Glad to see another A10 product enroll in the NBA history book.  He is on a Two Way with the Spurs.

The G League play start this weekend.  Many Two Way's will see time in the G League to keep their game sharp.

Actually, the Spurs signed signed Hall to a 1 year non-guaranteed deal after they had waived him and his 2 way contract in August. He got re-signed because they needed help after injuries and the waiving of Josh Primo after his exposure incident. What a wild way to find yourself getting NBA minutes.

Also made me wonder, does St. Joes have the most A-10 players in the NBA currently?

11 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Also made me wonder, does St. Joes have the most A-10 players in the NBA currently?

I googled A10 players in the NBA.  Here is what was listed.  Last pre-draft school is what was listed. Several are two way.  I did not check any rosters, just copied what was on the list.  https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Atlantic-10-Conference/10/in-the-pros

K. Antetokounmpo - Dayton and Bulls

Curry - Davidson and Warriors

Dowtin - Rhode Island and Raptors

Goodwin - SLU and Wizards

Hall - St. Joe and Spurs

Hyland - VCU and Nuggets

Toppin - Dayton and Knicks

Watanabe - GW and Nets

Williams - VCU and Grizzlies

I see Zeke Moore is listed on the Warriors G League team and he is on their roster.  Good luck Zeke.  (Isn't it too bad he had to transfer out of SLU because Jordan Goodwin wanted his #23 jersey?)

BuiltFordBills likes this

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I googled A10 players in the NBA.  Here is what was listed.  Last pre-draft school is what was listed. Several are two way.  I did not check any rosters, just copied what was on the list.  https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Atlantic-10-Conference/10/in-the-pros

Hall - St. Joe and Spurs

Hyland - VCU and Nuggets

Watanabe - GW and Nets

I see Zeke Moore is listed on the Warriors G League team and he is on their roster.  Good luck Zeke.  (Isn't it too bad he had to transfer out of SLU because Jordan Goodwin wanted his #23 jersey?)

Interesting, I checked on the St. Joes guys I was thinking of and Langston Galloway, DeAndre Bembry, and Charlie Brown Jr were all on teams for parts of last year but are currently free agents.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Hall - St. Joe and Spurs

Hyland - VCU and Nuggets

Watanabe - GW and Nets

I always thought Zeke could play. Didn't want him to leave. 

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Wizards lose by 42 tonight to the Nets.  No Ben Simmons.  No Kyrie.  No Seth Curry.  Goodwin played the last 7 minutes.  Solid defense.  Nice bounce pass to Taj Gibson in traffic.  Yuta Watanabe 14pts 8rbs 2blks 1stl

Maybe if Kispert wasn’t a walking brick Jordan would get more shots.  He’s had a rough go since entering the league