Yuri Interview

crymdg2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was great breaking down the film and the analytics.  I'm impressed.  Dude came out firing with the hard questions about transferring and money up front then went straight into basketball strengths weaknesses and all.  The democratization of media access makes this possible you would not get such an interview on a news/mainstream outlet.

Even as the Steve Kerr of Kuwait (2x champion coach) I learned watching this video.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 11:42 PM, dlarry said:

Disappointed because it wasn’t good or disappointed because it wasn’t as good as the chocolate frosty? 

Can you dip your fries in a strawberry frosty?

Here comes another hot take…even as an adult, dipping fries in a frosty is delicious! 

Disappointed because it wasn't good.  ☹️

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's not the big deal he's making it sound like. His salty tweets(hehehe) were unnecessary.

It shouldn't have been a deal in the first place at all.  BG has better production values than anything the program has ever turned out.  He should be viewed as an asset to the program and given the access he needs.  He produces content that potential recruits will actually pay attention to.  

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's not the big deal he's making it sound like. His salty tweets(hehehe) were unnecessary.

Still not a good look. His Arizona tip off stuff was great with Ramey.  His semo one was actually cool too. Really good interview with the head coach. 

You got all these local guys but don't want to support local content that will help grow your brand. Stuff like this is why most St Louis folk don't feel any connection to SLU. Not good

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It shouldn't have been a deal in the first place at all.  BG has better production values than anything the program has ever turned out.  He should be viewed as an asset to the program and given the access he needs.  He produces content that potential recruits will actually pay attention to.  

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Still not a good look. His Arizona tip off stuff was great with Ramey.  His semo one was actually cool too. Really good interview with the head coach. 

You got all these local guys but don't want to support local content that will help grow your brand. Not good

He's framing this as if they are denying him access. That's just not the case.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He should be viewed as an asset to the program and given the access he needs.  He produces content that potential recruits will actually pay attention to.  

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

He's framing this as if they are denying him access. That's just not the case.

Maybe I'm way off, his first or second tweet about this sounded like a player might have passed on doing this. 

7 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You'll need to explain cause it sure seems like it. I have a hard time believing it was a player or Ford (someone whose done everything to grow the brand) causing this. 

I'll just say this: sometimes the answer really is the simplest and least dramatic. We have this issue all the time on the pod.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'll just say this: sometimes the answer really is the simplest and least dramatic. We have this issue all the time on the pod.

The coach wanted the players fully concentrating on school/basketball and didn’t want the distraction?

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If it was simple and undramatic, you should be free to share it.  SLU should want the story out there in that case and it would prevent future misunderstandings like this from happening again if it was out there.  Keeping everything top secret, like SLU all too often does, isn't helpful to the program.  

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If it was simple and undramatic, you should be free to share it.  SLU should want the story out there in that case and it would prevent future misunderstandings like this from happening again if it was out there.  Keeping everything top secret, like SLU all too often does, isn't helpful to the program.  

SLU has never had that policy: see richmond covid. How often do I truly side with the AD? It just didn't work out logistically, he wasn't denied access, and him airing things out on social media is unfortunate.

I don't think I've ever interacted with him on Twitter beyond retweeting his Yuri content and today I found that I've been blocked. Bummer because I like his content and would've supported him fully. 

Also agree, let local content creators market the program because they'll probably do better than SLU could dream of themselves.  

8 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

I don’t understand… what was he stopped from doing? Isnt the content already up on YouTube for everyone??

So he did his "Film Room" series with Yuri. He also has a "30 Days Out" series with other CBB players. He wasn't "stopped" from doing anything, the logistics producing his 30 Days Out with Yuri just didn't work out.

• 1 month later...