Fall sports setting the standard for Hoops

slu72

Seems to me our fall sports teams are playing at a very high level. Men’s and Women’s soccer both ranked and Volleyball leads nation in aces. I really don’t pay much attention to the sports, but it’s great to see our Billiken men and women in fall sports doing so well. Now, all we need is for Team Blue to follow their lead. 

31 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Seems to me our fall sports teams are playing at a very high level. Men’s and Women’s soccer both ranked and Volleyball leads nation in aces. I really don’t pay much attention to the sports, but it’s great to see our Billiken men and women in fall sports doing so well. Now, all we need is for Team Blue to follow their lead. 

Lol this indicates nothing. They lost at HOME to one of the worst teams in the country. A team that jumped from D3 straight to D1 last year. A team that won 15 total sets last year. They won two(2) matches. 

Mens soccer and Womens soccer don’t deserve to be compared to this volleyball team. I hope nobody in the athletic department takes their lead as long as the current coaching regime is in place.

if volleyball is setting the standard, Travis Ford and the Billikens have a low bar set for them. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Lol this indicates nothing. They lost at HOME to one of the worst teams in the country. A team that jumped from D3 straight to D1 last year. A team that won 15 total sets last year. They won two(2) matches. 

Mens soccer and Womens soccer don’t deserve to be compared to this volleyball team. I hope nobody in the athletic department takes their lead as long as the current coaching regime is in place.

if volleyball is setting the standard, Travis Ford and the Billikens have a low bar set for them. 

Like I said, I don’t follow the fall sports much. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Like I said, I don’t follow the fall sports much. 

That's fair. Although there's a really nice podcast that recaps fall/spring sports every week. 😉

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

Ok, leave Volleyball out of it.

The Men’s and Women’s Soccer teams are setting a high standard for both the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams.

Yes. This is the way.